Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta One seating question.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Delta One seating question.

Me and my daughter are flying JFK - BOM in December in DL One suites. I picked 5A and 6A suites.. Weird question as this is my first time in one suites.... Would we be able to talk and see each other from our seats with the privacy door closed? Daughter wants to feel comfortable talking to me for anything just from her seat...

PS: I am trying to attach the seating image file but it just doesn't show up
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Me and my daughter are flying JFK - BOM in December in DL One suites. I picked 5A and 6A suites.. Weird question as this is my first time in one suites.... Would we be able to talk and see each other from our seats with the privacy door closed? Daughter wants to feel comfortable talking to me for anything just from her seat...
If you want to talk it would probably be best to get 2 seats in the middle. There is a divider that can be lowered.
No way to talk in the window seats without standing up in my experience.
jaimemayo and Tine Rod like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; UA 1K, 1MM; Hyatt Globalist
You won't be able to easily see or talk to each other but the suite door is not the real issue. one of you is sitting in the seat behind the other. Imagine sitting in 2A and 3A in FC and trying to see each other and talk to each other, and magnify the difficulty because you are farther away from each other in suites. You need to be in the same row, in seats B and C. Then you are next to each other and you are separated by a privacy divider which you can lower .
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Absolutely NO for being to see each other or talk between 5A and 6A even with the suite door open. Picking a B and C pair is your only option.
becks1 and acrophobia like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

PS: I am trying to attach the seating image file but it just doesn't show up
What compelled you to pick these seats, if you wanted to be able to talk with your daughter?
jerseytom likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys .. Picked 7B and 7C. Initially I picked windows as daughter wanted a window seat.. but I explained to her what I learned here and she is fine with B and C next to each other ....its a long 15 hour flight to BOM so getting next to each other is the best anyway..
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

new seating..

Last edited by MNSWEEps; Aug 18, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

new seating
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Thanks guys .. Picked 7B and 7C. Initially I picked windows as daughter wanted a window seat.. but I explained to her what I learned here and she is fine with B and C next to each other ....its a long 15 hour flight to BOM so getting next to each other is the best anyway..
I see on the original seat map that 1B and 1C are open. I would highly, highly recommend these two over any other middle pair.

This is because the "ottoman" is nearly 3x the size of the non-bulkhead seat ottomans. There is no seat in front, so the full width of the seat is afforded to you as the ottoman.

That, and you get served first. It is close to the lavatories, but there is never any smell, and any worries of light from the bathroom door opening/closing should be assuaged because of the suite door that closes.
MNSWEEps likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

btonkid12345, any noise from the pantry out in the front?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Picked 2B, 2C based on recommendation, btonkid.
btonkid12345 likes this.

Last edited by MNSWEEps; Aug 18, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:44 pm

btonkid12345, any noise from the pantry out in the front?
There's a little bit of noise when the meals are being prepared but nothing loud at all, definitely not enough to disturb a conversation or any sleep. Its really nothing.
MNSWEEps likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by siege101
There's a little bit of noise when the meals are being prepared but nothing loud at all, definitely not enough to disturb a conversation or any sleep. Its really nothing.
Exactly this. Honestly, if you are using the entertainment system or listening to music, you can't hear it at all.

On the long flights this plane is on, I just love being able to stretch my legs out and also to be served first and given the option to go to bed as soon as possible, if I want to. I am flying JFK-BOM but solo so I picked 1A. Amazing, amazing seat (that or 1D for a solo traveler).

Sitting row 7 and behind on this plane, and your service can end up ending an hour + later sometimes - no thanks. Plus, the bread is piping HOT when it reaches you in row 1!
arunhn and MNSWEEps like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

btonkid12345, goods tips and as you can see I picked 2B,2C based on your recco ( There is no 1B and 1C in seating chart)
btonkid12345 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.