Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PDX-ATL 2849 being diverted to BNA on July 18th 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

Due to TS’s in ATL area and running out of gas.
First diversion on DL.

My ATL-PBI flight (1285) was supposed to be the same aircraft.

Will be fascinating how this all works out.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Msp-atl 1565 at HSV

Originally Posted by apodo77
Due to TS’s in ATL area and running out of gas.
First diversion on DL.

My ATL-PBI flight (1285) was supposed to be the same aircraft.

Will be fascinating how this all works out.
With two other diverted aircraft
I am on this flight and this is after an aborted takeoff at MSP, plane and crew change, and a four hour delay.

Last edited by pogopossum; Jul 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm Reason: Fat Fingers
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:14 pm

Looks like those storms are wrecking havoc, my FLL-ATL is delayed by a couple hours now, so it appears I'll be spending the night in ATL and putting that chase trip delay coverage to use.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Not at a gate and passengers trying to get off en masse.

FA says they are taking 4 at a time off the plane since we aren’t at a gate.

Captain just said the gas hasn’t even been loaded to get back to ATL.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta - Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum; GE
Looks like DL1285 is running very late and you should be able to make the connection. Good luck!
apodo77 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by bacrs
Looks like DL1285 is running very late and you should be able to make the connection. Good luck!
It's still showing the inbound is the same aircraft, so yes, I think OP will definitely make it.
apodo77 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ethernal
It's still showing the inbound is the same aircraft, so yes, I think OP will definitely make it.
Landed in ATL at 7:29 and waiting for gate A6. Most people groaned and I just had to smile.
Same plane is still going to PBI and I am in the same exact seat.
Sorta a lucky day for me.
ConnieDee likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Delta is not putting its best foot forward for most people on this flight though.

Will be waiting at least 30+ minutes to get to A6. Landed at 7:29pm. Flight is out of water, snacks and a lot of passengers out of patience.

We’ve all been on a 739 since 7:30am Pacific. 9 hours is a long got dang time on this plane.
ConnieDee and dmarge18 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:52 pm

5 hours late for my flight now, not into atl until almost 1am. Glad I didn't go to the airport earlier. And fixing my 2nd leg to tomorrow broke my c+ seat to ATL and they can't get it back..that's lame. On the flipside, the plane seatmap seems to be emptying as people give up and go to bed and try tomorrow, so I'm guessing I'll get it back at the gate.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77
Delta is not putting its best foot forward for most people on this flight though.

Will be waiting at least 30+ minutes to get to A6. Landed at 7:29pm. Flight is out of water, snacks and a lot of passengers out of patience.

We’ve all been on a 739 since 7:30am Pacific. 9 hours is a long got dang time on this plane.
I fly West Coast-ATL a lot, and they are all (minus a few 757s to SFO) on 739s. It's always my worst fear that I'll get a divert (the flights are long enough that you can't predict with any accuracy whether a storm will ultimately cause a diversion by the time you get to Atlanta).

I've been lucky so far. I agree that 8+ hours in a 739 is downright brutal. It's just such an uncomfortable plane as a whole.
apodo77, cmd320 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:33 pm

I am now commiserating (although with less earlier anguish ) as I am waiting for an A gate as well.
apodo77 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

They switched us to T2 and finally got a gate. 739 sucked for 9 hours but am grateful to be getting home.

Now waiting on FA’s. Just saw one snow up with food in her hand. I’m hungry as hell also. Maybe she will share. :-)

Should be noted at BNA snacks (boxes of Frito Lay chips and granola bars) and water were delivered. Under the circumstances they did an awesome job and the pilot was hilarious. He announced no one would be charged for the extra flight to BNA and got a big laugh from the plane.
wrp96 and dmarge18 like this.

Last edited by apodo77; Jul 19, 2019 at 6:32 am
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Feel your pain -- trying to get back to RDU from YYZ tonight. Finally got to ATL but TBD on the rest (misconnect but think DL twitter came through for me) -- at least the thunderstorms seem to have moved on (for now)
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
Feel your pain -- trying to get back to RDU from YYZ tonight. Finally got to ATL but TBD on the rest (misconnect but think DL twitter came through for me) -- at least the thunderstorms seem to have moved on (for now)
Good luck. I definitely feel lucky tonight.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

And now 1285 delayed further.
Despite FA’s crew being on board going to swap them out with another crew. Something about no hotel space for current crew to overnight.
Assuming new crew will work the flight back to ATL and current crew would time out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.