Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Flight delayed due to scheduling issue - compensation/rebooking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Flight delayed due to scheduling issue - compensation/rebooking?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:36 pm
ecc
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Flight delayed due to scheduling issue - compensation/rebooking?

Hello all,
Myself and wife are currently in YYT, heading to YHZ. Flying Y cabin (q400 blegh), Comfort fare.

My flight, AC8999 has now been delayed twice and is now expected to be delayed by ~55 minutes.
According to the emails from Air Canada, the reason for the delay is "scheduling issues."

Am I entitled to compensation for this? Scheduling issues shoud totally be under the airline's control. It looks like the inbound plane will land at 20:38 (AC8996).

I'm assuming that if the crew times out the flight will get cancelled and we'll get a hotel?

Edit: Lounge staff have told me it's due to maintenance and if it gets cancelled we'll be entitled to a hotel for the night.

P.S. after my first visit to the YHZ lounge last week, I was sorely disappointed. For breakfast they had cold boiled eggs and bread, with a busted toaster. Waste of one of the wife's vouchers, and rude staff. Just terrible. YYT MLL is much, much better and wonderful staff and facilities.

Last edited by ecc; Jul 17, 2019 at 4:41 pm
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:56 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Looks like the lounge staff was correct:

RMKS/REVISED 8996 ETA. LATE INBND 8996 DUE WAITING FIRAV ACFT INBND YHZ DUE ONGOING MTCEWORK TO FIN 421.YYT 2105 00:55L YHZ 2236 00:55L DH4
ecc likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:01 pm
ecc
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Looks like the lounge staff was correct:
Yeah - the lounge staff here are top notch. Many kudos.
They're keeping an eye on the inbound and will update us here when the boarding time is finalized.

Where did you get that from? That's awesome.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:06 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by ecc
Where did you get that from? That's awesome.
That comes from the ever-useful Expert Flyer.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:27 pm
ecc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
That comes from the ever-useful Expert Flyer.
Awesome, thanks. And looks like they have a few APIs
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
To answer the basic question, 55 minutes counts as a minor annoyance to most of us, not a delay. And to no one, a compensation worthy delay.

Make sure to get a donair.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by ecc
P.S. after my first visit to the YHZ lounge last week, I was sorely disappointed. For breakfast they had cold boiled eggs and bread, with a busted toaster. Waste of one of the wife's vouchers, and rude staff. Just terrible. YYT MLL is much, much better and wonderful staff and facilities.
SOT - What is your wife’s status? Are you aware that if she’s E50 or above you don’t need to use a pass to be her guest? I only say this because I see travelling companions of Altitude members use lounge guest passes frequently when they don’t need to.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:46 pm
ecc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RangerNS
To answer the basic question, 55 minutes counts as a minor annoyance to most of us, not a delay. And to no one, a compensation worthy delay.

Make sure to get a donair.
Have a long drive to YFC ahead. And to be honest, we should be holding companies up to higher standards. The EU has it at least partially right IMHO.
And real shawarma is better than donairs, so I'll just wait till I'm in Israel next.... can't stand donair sauce.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:51 pm
ecc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEG USER

SOT - What is your wife’s status? Are you aware that if she’s E50 or above you don’t need to use a pass to be her guest? I only say this because I see travelling companions of Altitude members use lounge guest passes frequently when they don’t need to.
I'm E35K, she's P25K

I'll be E50k in September after a PY trip to Israel ^

May make E75 by year end.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by ecc
Have a long drive to YFC ahead. And to be honest, we should be holding companies up to higher standards. The EU has it at least partially right IMHO.
And real shawarma is better than donairs, so I'll just wait till I'm in Israel next.... can't stand donair sauce.
Europe rules are 3 hours.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Europe rules are 3 hours.
Took Easyjet last week and was delayed 2 hours and the gate called everyone up for a 4.50 euro food voucher, after 3 hours it increases and so on etc.
http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/board...-cancellations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.