Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BrewDog Beer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

BrewDog Beer

I didn’t really want to ask but my husband is a BrewDog fan, will we be likely to get the Anniversary BrewDog beer on our flight from London to Miami?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Ipswich1984
I didn’t really want to ask but my husband is a BrewDog fan, will we be likely to get the Anniversary BrewDog beer on our flight from London to Miami?
You should do and you may also find it in the lounge.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

If the crew tell you they cannot locate the BrewDog, just smile and ask them to dismantle the galley
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I really liked it, tried it on recent flights to Vienna and Valencia.
Interestingly the CC told me they get the option to buy it on the ground so they can try it and many have been taking advantage of this!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Agreed. I am not a big beer fan but I loved the BrewDog beer for BA!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Don't they have a special beer just for the F cabin too? Can't wait to try this next week, I am a big Brewdog fan.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
A somewhat related point... I thought there's a tap with BrewDog beer in the JFK lounge but couldn't find it on a couple of recent visits. Does it exist? If so, is it in the First section of the lounge (i.e. on the left)?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by mec72
A somewhat related point... I thought there's a tap with BrewDog beer in the JFK lounge but couldn't find it on a couple of recent visits. Does it exist? If so, is it in the First section of the lounge (i.e. on the left)?
There's a new bar with two taps on in the refurbed BA biz lounge at JFK.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by SteveWhite88
Don't they have a special beer just for the F cabin too? Can't wait to try this next week, I am a big Brewdog fan.
Yes, called AirCraft. Described by BrewDog thusly:

AirCraft is a dry-hopped Brett-fermented IPA incorporates the rich fruity esters and flavours from Brettanomyces with the notorious tropical hops of the south pacific for a bold but balanced hop experience.
You'll find some discussion in the main thread: Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Seems to polarise opinion more than the generally liked Speedbird, I enjoyed the one I had fwiw. Beware they apparently only carry 2 bottles, so suggest you get your order in sharpish!
SteveWhite88 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by mec72
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
There's a new bar with two taps on in the refurbed BA biz lounge at JFK.
Even better, it's actually 4 taps they have on draught (or draft since it's JFK). As mmxbreaks notes it's in the Club lounge, but certainly no-one bothered when I took my glass back to the F part last month. Location was not immediately obvious, my terrible directions would be "go into the Club lounge a little bit, turn left, and it's against the back wall"
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Yes, called AirCraft. Described by BrewDog thusly:

You'll find some discussion in the main thread: Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Seems to polarise opinion more than the generally liked Speedbird, I enjoyed the one I had fwiw. Beware they apparently only carry 2 bottles, so suggest you get your order in sharpish!
I had one the other week ( Aircraft) served in a cut glass tumbler type thing, didn't even get chance to take a piccie of the can / bottle. Wasn't anything particularly remarkable either way to me. I do like Elvis Juice for a fruity brewdog.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Even better, it's actually 4 taps they have on draught (or draft since it's JFK). As mmxbreaks notes it's in the Club lounge, but certainly no-one bothered when I took my glass back to the F part last month. Location was not immediately obvious, my terrible directions would be "go into the Club lounge a little bit, turn left, and it's against the back wall"
I only saw the two beer types is more what I meant? Has it been upped to four different brews?

Side note: if you like the Speedbird 100 a lot (in-flight only, not on the taps) and are a minimal 'shareholder' of BrewDog, you can buy the cans at £2.30ea online: https://www.brewdog.com/speedbird-100
BertieBadger and dp1586 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I only saw the two beer types is more what I meant? Has it been upped to four different brews?
Ah, I see - sorry for misunderstanding - It was certainly 4 different ones at the start of June but certainly can't say if it always so. I had the Elvis Juice. Pretty sure there was Punk IPA there (would be amazed if not, as it's their flagship) and Lost Lager also. Can't recall the 4th one - think it was Clockwork Tangerine.

Since Punk, Elvis and Clockwork are all variations of IPA, 2 distinct types would be a fair way of describing it. Not that I'm at JFK more than one or twice a year on average but maybe they could rotate out one of the IPAs for a Stout/Porter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.