Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incidental Charges Points Earning

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Incidental Charges Points Earning

Recently stayed at the W San Francisco, as well as The Palace Hotel San Francisco, and had valet parking for 3 nights. Got the folios, and the math seems that they did not credit me points for the parking that was charged to the room. Is that standard, or should I reach out to get them? Normally wouldn't care, but it was nearly $300 in parking costs.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by shimps1
Recently stayed at the W San Francisco, as well as The Palace Hotel San Francisco, and had valet parking for 3 nights. Got the folios, and the math seems that they did not credit me points for the parking that was charged to the room. Is that standard, or should I reach out to get them? Normally wouldn't care, but it was nearly $300 in parking costs.
Its exactly for this reason, if I know I'm taking my car, I book the rate with parking included. Its usually but not always cheaper and and earns points.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Certain properties (especially in big cities) have parking contracted out to a third party. Usually no points are given for parking expenses in those cases.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Certain properties (especially in big cities) have parking contracted out to a third party. Usually no points are given for parking expenses in those cases.
​​​​​​
Shoot, I bet that was the case here. Neither were Marriott owned parking lots.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:44 pm

Generally speaking parking charges arent eligible. Possible exceptions being as stated above where its included with the rate.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by shimps1
​​​​​​
Shoot, I bet that was the case here. Neither were Marriott owned parking lots.
Always look under the "Deals & Packages" tab for rates including parking. Also check AAA rates if you qualify. Many AAA rates include parking. Again, your going to have to do some math to see if your getting a real deal or not.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
They generally do not.
2.1.c. Non-Qualifying Charges. Charges which do not qualify for Points include any complimentary services, Points redemption Awards, promotional Awards or any other fees or charges including, without limitation: . . . (B) other fees paid including, without limitation, parking . . . .
Occasionally, it will be credited and I'm sure not complaining about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.