Wiki Posts
Search

No rooms on points available?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No rooms on points available?

I'm looking at booking a hotel in OC for the night of July 20.

I'm seeing that the HR Huntington Beach (my first choice) has standard ("1 king bed") rooms available, but only at the prepaid ("Save 20%" / nonrefundable) rate. Since it is not available at the standard rate, it's also not available on points. Is that legit or is it worth calling Hyatt and/or my concierge to try to get a points booking through?

Also, I notice that Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach does have standard rooms ("1 king bed") available at the standard rate, but is also not accepting points booking. That's definitely not legit, right?

I am assuming that this is a busy weekend, but my understanding is that if they have standard room availability for the length of my stay, they have to offer it on points, right?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I don't know the answer, but would also be curious as this would match the legacy SPG standard which has been killed off by Marriott
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:14 pm

Just call.

-David
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know that, while close, Long Beach is not quite in Orange County, right? With traffic, the drive can be quite slow depending on where you need to be and when.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
You know that, while close, Long Beach is not quite in Orange County, right? With traffic, the drive can be quite slow depending on where you need to be and when.
I need to be by the beach and in the sun for as long as possible I don't really care where I go. I am a fan of the HR Huntington beach because it's a beautiful property, I like their adults-only hot tub section (some time away from screaming kids by the pool) and, of course, it's across the street from the beach!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:04 pm

I see this all the time with properties that play games with availability. Andaz Maui, Hyatt place Omaha, Hyatt place fort Lauderdale. It's usually because they have a minimum night stay requirement. Book for three or more nights on points then ask your concierge to change it back to your desired nights.
josephstern likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I need to be by the beach and in the sun for as long as possible I don't really care where I go. I am a fan of the HR Huntington beach because it's a beautiful property, I like their adults-only hot tub section (some time away from screaming kids by the pool) and, of course, it's across the street from the beach!
Sounds good. Just don't come too soon. We're still in June Gloom.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
Sounds good. Just don't come too soon. We're still in June Gloom.
LA was crappy this past weekend but OC was absolutely beautiful. I flew out of LAX and during the ride to the airport on Sunday I couldn't believe how quickly it changed from beautiful clear skies to completely overcast with low grey clouds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.