Wiki Posts
Search

The Rebatesme portal is now offering 60% cashback at HotelsCombined

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
The Rebatesme portal is now offering 60% cashback at HotelsCombined

If this is 60% back on all hotel booking clicking through their search engine, this is a phenomenal deal.

The rebatesme T&C for this offer say:
HotelsCombined Cash Back
Online Shopping 60.0%
Cash back only be valid on the amount you actually paid for goods.
Cash back is not available for reseller.

A quick search showed competitive third-party rates.

60% off all hotels smells too good to be true, so what am I missing?
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:42 am

Too good to be true.. try to order something then come to tell us))
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HEOH
Too good to be true.. try to order something then come to tell us))
OK, maybe your right, but are you guessing or do you know this? Why doesn't it work?

It is normal for cashback portals to take a month to three to pay out cashback so it is not like I can verify today if this works with any certainty. This is not their normal advertised CB rate and almost certainly won't be around long.

Various forum posts RE Rebatesme seem to suggest they are a legit portal. I have never used them but use other portals extensively and generally get the advertized cashback paid out (1-3 months later).
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: CX, Hyatt
I might be wrong but thought HotelsCombined is not an OTA but a price comparison site like the old Kayak minus the booking "in partnership with OTA" part. Since you can't book on HotelsCombined, how would you obtain cash back?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PacificSunrise
I might be wrong but thought HotelsCombined is not an OTA but a price comparison site like the old Kayak minus the booking "in partnership with OTA" part. Since you can't book on HotelsCombined, how would you obtain cash back?
I just emailed Rebatesme asking them to confirm how their offer works.

"It appears HotelsCombined doesn't book hotels themselves but rather refers you to third-party booking sites.

If I click through the Rebatesme 60% Cash Back HotelsCombined Offer link then search, I get search results to book through other sites suck as Expedia.

If I then click the Hotels Combined Expedia results, will I get 60% back of the amount paid to Expedia credited to my Rebatesme account?"

The above is how I would understand the offer if I take it at face value.

Last edited by wanaflyforless; Jun 25, 2019 at 10:34 am
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
It is probably an error, should be 6%, I tried a refundable dummy booking... we shall see..
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
I just emailed Rebates me asking them to confirm how their offer works.

"It appears HotelsCombined doesn't book hotels themselves but rather refers you to third-party booking sites.

If I click through the Rebatesme 60% Cash Back HotelsCombined Offer link then search, I get search results to book through other sites suck as Expedia.

If I then click the Hotels Combined Expedia results, will I get 60% back of the amount paid to Expedia credited to my Rebatesme account?"
Well, if it was an error, it will now be fixed very quickly :/
​​​​​​​
crd3000 and TravelingNomads like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by matio_svk
It is probably an error, should be 6%, I tried a refundable dummy booking... we shall see..
Definitely take screenshots if you are trying this one.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:56 am

Well, I have 2 refundable bookings, Rebatesme>Hotelscombined>Agoda and Rebatesme>Hotelscombined>hotels.com, we will see... I have previously used topcashback with hotelscombined and it worked fine (albeit single digit cashback)
crd3000 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:25 pm

Well, I have 2 refundable bookings, Rebatesme>Hotelscombined>Agoda and Rebatesme>Hotelscombined>hotels.com, we will see... I have previously used topcashback with hotelscombined and it worked fine (albeit single digit cashback)
Thanks for the info. How long did Topcashback confirm the HotelsCombined rewards? Ebates for example confirm very quickly, within 1-2 days, and there's a check on the shopping trips page next to transactions that went thru.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:21 pm

With topcashback, I was notified about a recorded transaction very quickly, but i took some time to get it payable... in this case with rebatesme, I cas see the shopping trip (click-out) recorded, but so-far no transaction recorded
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
It only makes sense if you get 60% of the comissions HotelsCombined gets from OTAs like Hotels.com or Expedia
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:46 pm

With topcashback, I was notified about a recorded transaction very quickly, but i took some time to get it payable... in this case with rebatesme, I cas see the shopping trip (click-out) recorded, but so-far no transaction recorded
Just to be clear, there are 3 phases:
1, Shopping trip recorded
2. Shopping trip marked with check; receive email about transaction
3. Actual payout

Essentially we can agree #1 is complete. You are saying #2 completed very quickly on topcashback but not rebatesme, and I was saying ebates can take 1-2 days sometimes, so hope this is the case for rebatesme as well. #3 always has a lag (months) - most sites should have a chart between period of purchase and payout. I don't think we should care as much about #3 at this moment, and #2 is the key here rather.
matio_svk likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Reply to my email inquiry "Please confirm how your 60% Cash Back HotelsCombined Offer works":

Yes, you'll want to click from ReabtesMe to HotelsCombined, then if you choose Expedia, click on those links from HotelsCombined and book your hotel.

You will want to allow for 7-days to confirm the order.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything else we can help with.

Have a great day!

xxxxx

Rebates Customer Team
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:46 pm

Go to another rebate portal and it shows the rebate is for booking fees only but worth a try
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by michaelkwan
Go to another rebate portal and it shows the rebate is for booking fees only but worth a try
fees of HotelsCombined, or a different site??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.