Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA's YOU FIRST for First Class [Cabana booking in advance]

BA's YOU FIRST for First Class [Cabana booking in advance]

Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Question BA's YOU FIRST for First Class [Cabana booking in advance]

We will be traveling with BA 11 August 2019 in First (1A/K). W would like to experience the Cabanas in the CCR for the 1st time. Knowing that these rooms are on a first come, first served basis, how far in advance should ask for availability from YOU FIRST Customer Service. I sent an email via the link in MMB 2days ago. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:30 am

Flyiboy, it's best to reserve as far in advance as possible. It might be useful to call You First and ensure you are (at least) on the waiting list. Also, keep emailed any cabana confirmation with you at the airport as proof.
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Can be booked up to a year in advance. Although they aren't that great. Useful for a shower though.
JERmlb likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:51 am

Just book whenever you know your timings. Personally I’d book almost when I book the flight itself even if months in advance as it secures your place and is one less thing to do.

For the spa make sure to ring up 29 days in advance. I can never work out if it’s 28 days as officially listed as I’m sure I’ve had 29 days out work too. So call 29 days in advance and if they’re not taking bookings yet they’ll just tell you to call back tomorrow.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:43 am

Book in advance, it's a good place. ideal to enjoy with the family
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Thank you all for the tips. I did receive an email from YOU FIRST and indeed it was confirmed. 1.5 hours ( 8-930am) and then on a waitlist from 9.30a - 12.00 ?? . Husband received his from 11:00-15:00. I guess more time for me to spend his millions..LOL BTW..The date is on the 22 August..
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:24 pm

You've booked separate cabanas? That's a bit unusual. Don't you want to hang out together?
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Thank you all for the tips. I did receive an email from YOU FIRST and indeed it was confirmed. 1.5 hours ( 8-930am) and then on a waitlist from 9.30a - 12.00 ?? . Husband received his from 11:00-15:00. I guess more thttps://travelsort.com/review-britis...ow-terminal-5/ime for me to spend his millions..LOL BTW..The date is on the 22 August..
What’s your motivation for the Cabana, unless you’re going to need to shower/ sleep, the main lounge is a far more interesting place to hang out.

The cabana is basically a disabled bathroom with a chaise in it. I’d try to spend as little time as possible in it if I required its use.

Here Is a YouTube vid for reference -

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Jun 25, 2019 at 12:52 pm
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

What’s your motivation for the Cabana, unless you’re going to need to shower/ sleep, the main lounge is a far more interesting place to hang out.

The cabana is basically a disabled bathroom with a chaise in it. I’d try to spend as little time as possible in it if I required its use.
A Travelodge room is the equivalent of a 5 star hotel when compared to the CCR cabanas.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
You've booked separate cabanas? That's a bit unusual. Don't you want to hang out together?
and also stops other people having the chance to access them as well.

I thought they were designed for up to two people?
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
You First "wait listed" us for a cabana on a recent flight. The CCR had no record of such confirmation.
(However, the return flight did work; was kind of underwhelming as described, but was a convenient place to get a shower and change done.)
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
CCR cabanas are definitely underwhelming. Nothing compared to Cathay Pacific's Wing First Class Lounge cabanas.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
My first ever complaint to BA was about the state of a Cabana in T5 (3 years ago).
Chipped furniture, tatty bathroom fittings, stained carpet.
I received a response which basically translated as: Thanks for letting us know but we couldn't give a monkey's.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by AleTrail
My first ever complaint to BA was about the state of a Cabana in T5 (3 years ago).
Chipped furniture, tatty bathroom fittings, stained carpet.
I received a response which basically translated as: Thanks for letting us know but we couldn't give a monkey's.
... except that the cabanas received an upgrade a couple of years ago.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Time traveller
CCR cabanas are definitely underwhelming. Nothing compared to Cathay Pacific's Wing First Class Lounge cabanas.
Cathay dedicated lounges at HKG (but also some at outstations, too) have always been in a different league from those of most airlines, so in that sense comparisons are a little unfair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.