Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club access when booked in D1 "domestic"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC

Recently flew ATL>HNL RT in Delta One. Knowing this isn't "International" I showed my AMEX Plat card at the Sky Club desk in ATL. Was told that because I was in D1 I was able to use the lounge. Same thing in HNL on the return trip. Is this a new policy? Also, would it apply to other domestic D1 offerings?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No, not new. Passengers booked on D1 domestic have been entitled to SC access for as long as D1 domestic has been around.

Just a caution that D1 means booked into D1. It does not include F where there happens to be an aircraft configured for D1 assigned to perform the flight.
jalves likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the lounge access started with the JFK-LAX/SFO nonstops (or maybe even the transcons?) and now the rule is phrased in terms of D1 service, so some HNL flights are included. I guess it's simpler to say D1 than list the routes, and in principle, D1 costs more than domestic FC (which DL is now calling domestic business class?).
jalves likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Domestic D1 class has always gotten access. The long-haul HNL flights were not formally classified as D1 flights until recently (even though they used D1 equipment). Now that they are classified as D1 instead of FC, they get lounge access. SLC-HNL is still considered FC and does not get lounge access (even when they use D1 equipment on it).
jalves and silverforumsurf like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Thanks all!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by xliioper
Domestic D1 class has always gotten access. The long-haul HNL flights were not formally classified as D1 flights until recently (even though they used D1 equipment). Now that they are classified as D1 instead of FC, they get lounge access. SLC-HNL is still considered FC and does not get lounge access (even when they use D1 equipment on it).
SLC is not only classed, but sold as F.

The easy answer is to just look at the website when booking or at your e-ticket receipt if already booked. If F, then no SC access. If D1, you get it.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jalves
Recently flew ATL>HNL RT in Delta One. Knowing this isn't "International" I showed my AMEX Plat card at the Sky Club desk in ATL.
If your Amex Plat is linked to your Skymiles account, you just have to scan your boarding pass.

O/H
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the lounge access started with the JFK-LAX/SFO nonstops (or maybe even the transcons?) and now the rule is phrased in terms of D1 service, so some HNL flights are included. I guess it's simpler to say D1 than list the routes, and in principle, D1 costs more than domestic FC (which DL is now calling domestic business class?).
Until 8 or so years ago there was a strange policy which granted Sky Club access on domestic F flights from JFK to the Western US. This was of course all of the west coast cities, but also LAS, SLC and I think DEN. I'm not sure what that was a holdover from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.