gasp! 41 in club europe just now!

Old May 25, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
gasp! 41 in club europe just now!

just landed at LHR from lisbon...i was in row 1 and i noted there just seemed to be endless travs leaving the galley--but i couldnt determine which row the curtain was at, it was so far back.

eventually just asked and she said there were 41 in CE today. and both windows in row 1 were left empty...but very impressive the amount of service they could deliver! they just never seems to take even the slightest break!
AnaTravel likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by VSLover
just landed at LHR from lisbon...i was in row 1 and i noted there just seemed to be endless travs leaving the galley--but i couldnt determine which row the curtain was at, it was so far back.

eventually just asked and she said there were 41 in CE today. and both windows in row 1 were left empty...but very impressive the amount of service they could deliver! they just never seems to take even the slightest break!
Wow! A 2h40m flight and someone worked without a break for that long! I wonder how the rest of the world manages?

Doc Copper
Old May 25, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Anecdotal, but CE loads this year seem very impressive. I've seen 11-12 rows of CE on MAN a couple of times in the past few weeks, perhaps helped by the regular WCML train closures.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHons diamond
Flying back from Valencia to Heathrow on Bank Holiday Monday. CE goes back to Row 12 so includes both the over wing exit rows. First time I’ve ever seen that although it has been noticeable recently that CE numbers have been increasing on the route
russ1h likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe what's more surprising is that this was a Saturday afternoon flight.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Wow! A 2h40m flight and someone worked without a break for that long! I wonder how the rest of the world manages?
Harsh but fair, Doc.
Genius1 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:14 am
Suspended

How often does the A321 CY218 The BA Source have 14 rows full in CE?
Old May 25, 2019, 8:27 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
11 rows of CE to Bucharest this weekend and I think it was full. Must be people taking advantage of the sale fares from earlier this year!
Old May 25, 2019, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jed
11 rows of CE to Bucharest this weekend and I think it was full. Must be people taking advantage of the sale fares from earlier this year!

agreed--thats why i was on it!

the only frustrating thing was the constant queue for the toilet of course. and my strategy of waiting for the line to die down was ineffective bc the moment i looked over my shoulder here came someone else charging up the aisle!

but does seem strange for a flight BACK to london mid-saturday!
Old May 25, 2019, 8:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe what's more surprising is that this was a Saturday afternoon flight.
Why ? Effective market pricing for the leisure traveller fills at least as many CE seats as in weekday business peaks.
irishguy28 and T8191 like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Why ? Effective market pricing for the leisure traveller fills at least as many CE seats as in weekday business peaks.
Perhaps for flights from LHR to LIS, but I wouldn't expect so much in the reverse direction on BA in the middle of the day on a late spring Saturday.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I've seen the now retired 767's full in CE and which had a front cabin of 50 in that configuration and I can't recall if it went further back but I'm sure I've read that it did.

I'm not sure of the ratio of staff to passengers was higher though compared to the A321/320/319 family. In any case quite a money maker for BA so I hear.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC
I’ve always found Lisbon flights to have good loads. It does make me wonder why they haven’t added more frequencies.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Anyone is welcome to take wild guesses about the number of CE seats on some of BA's services from NCE tomorrow and Monday...
Old May 25, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Don't forget that a very significant portion of BA longhaul business pax are transfer pax. And they travel in CE.
Europeans are a small proportion of BA FT contributors but a large proportion of their J pax.
orbitmic and wanderingjock like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.