Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight number on Bangkok Airways

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold HH Gold
BA flight number on Bangkok Airways

I recently took advantage of the BA Holiday sale and booked a trip to Koh Samui next year with the following schedule.

BA 11 LHR - SIN
BA 4192 (operated by Bangkok Airways) SIN - USM (Koh Samui)

Will I be able to use the One World lounges in SIN as the flight has a BA number and is issued on 125 ticket stock? Both legs are in J so if this is not possible I would use the Bangkok Airways lounge which I assume will be 3rd Party.

Thanks
Old May 22, 2019, 3:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You won't be able to use the BA or Qantas lounges, however you should be able to use the dnata lounge which is upstairs in terminal 1 central piazza, not too far from BA but nearer D30. I'm not familiar with the Bangkok Airways products but I know the lounge, it's not as good as BA/QF but it's acceptable enough. If you were Gold you may be able to get into the BA lounge (by rights you should) but in reality, and probably sensibly you may end up being steered to dnata anyway. Finnair and JAL offer dnata.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response C-W-S I had thought as much.
I assume on our return SIN - LHR in J the BA / Qantas lounges will be available to use.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pgoodall
Thanks for the quick response C-W-S I had thought as much.
I assume on our return SIN - LHR in J the BA / Qantas lounges will be available to use.
Yes, either or indeed both of them are available and they are pretty much next to each other. If you are doing both, then perhaps go to Qantas first then move to BA, since they do time the boarding calls in BA pretty well to avoid delays at gate security.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:34 am

Dnata isn't too bad as far as contract lounges go , the food is pretty decent and it is usually quiet around that time
Old May 22, 2019, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks both for the information. I had a quick look at the DNATA lounge online and it looked better than a lot of contract lounges I can think of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.