Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Same day change on Avios booking from EDI-LHR in CE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass

Hello

I am currently booked on the BA1441 at 1005 flight from EDI-LHR but see there is BA1461 at 0755. I'm unsure yet If I can get to the airport for 0630/0645 but if I can and there is space would the check in agent let me change do you think? Also what will the fee be?

Chances are I will be HBO as well
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
As an RFS then you can’t officially do SDC. However, that doesn’t mean they won’t let you switch at the airport, but will be at their discretion. A case of try and see but be prepared for a no.
george77300 and KeaneJohn like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
No problem Thank you! I'll try when I arrive at the airport, Worse case scenario I spend longer in the lounge!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
I did it on an Avios booking from EDI earlier in the year - was on an evening flight, arrived earlier than I expected and asked the lounge staff if it was possible to switch to one about an hour earlier and they sorted it out for me
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Nice, then you were luckier than I was!

I tried the same thing in Glasgow once last year and they wanted me to charge for changing to an earlier flight.
Instead I just "took their money" by spending the additional time in the lounge.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I guess it depends on the day and if it helps them. I saw my flight from EDI to LGW and asked in the lounge if there was any chance of taking a later flight they asked if I minded going to LCY which was better for me and got a cheeky upgrade as well. Despite flying 2 hrs later arrived home well before I would have done had I flown into LGW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.