Wiki Posts
Search

Gold status for several years

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Gold status for several years

Hi guys,

first post and sorry if this is an obvious question or has been asked before. I searched and couldn’t find anything.

i recently got a discretionary two years gold status which is now valid until the end of 2020.
As part of this nice gesture from BA I moved my business back to them and I’m now about to hit Gold again from an Avios Level in this Tier point year.

does that mean my gold status will be extended until 2021?

thanks
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
No sadly not!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:54 pm

Deleted - duplicate
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:58 pm

When does your tier point collection year end?

Your Gold status will be valid for:
- the rest of your *current* tier point collection year AND
- a year and 6 weeks after that

So if your current collection year ends 8 November 2019 you’ll be Gold until end Dec 2020 - so then no extra Gold versus what you currently have.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

My tier point year ends 9th if November 2019. End of status is 2020

So basically the only interesting the next two years is get 2500 plus tier points to get some vouchers. Correct?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by JohannesLDN
My tier point year ends 9th if November 2019. End of status is 2020

So basically the only interesting the next two years is get 2500 plus tier points to get some vouchers. Correct?
Welcome to FlyerTalk JohannesLDN.

There's more to collect after 2,500 points and don't forget that all points that you earn will accrue towards lifetime gold/ggl status. You will find much more information in the forum dashboard.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
the alternative approach (although maybe too late for you...) is to use the 2019 year as a 'freebie' to either ramp back on non-essential travel, or try out other airlines, or burn some Avios on redemptions - I got Gold to 2020 so TPs earned this year don't really count for much (other than 'lifetime' which I'm not that focused on just yet...) - so have been pushing non-essential travel to the back end of this year (next TP year), using some other airlines a bit for the fun of it (Swiss, Virgin, trying Delta One soon), and doing a few holidays as redemptions rather than trying to find cheap 160 TP Club Europe deals ha!

Makes a change!
fluffymitten likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.