Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New Oakland / Seattle option - but not on AS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

JetsuiteX is starting OAK/BFI. Wow. We're getting our OAK service restored, but not on AS.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
JetsuiteX is starting OAK/BFI. Wow. We're getting our OAK service restored, but not on AS.
Their OAK flights seem to be doing very well and I expect them to expand quite a bit as they have a lot more planes coming. Avoiding SEATAC in the summer and being closer to downtown is also a bonus.
bbinchi likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:18 am

3x daily. https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...d-13786456.php

They seem to be taking advantage of demand for a non-WN option at OAK, which AS so far has been content to ignore. 6x to BUR, 4x to LAS, 4x to SNA and now 3x to BFI by summer.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Their OAK flights seem to be doing very well and I expect them to expand quite a bit as they have a lot more planes coming. Avoiding SEATAC in the summer and being closer to downtown is also a bonus.
Big bonus. I recently booked an August weekend for 2 to SEA and with a companion fare, it was $468 (and back into SFO, because of OAK flight timing).
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
3x daily. https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...d-13786456.php

They seem to be taking advantage of demand for a non-WN option at OAK, which AS so far has been content to ignore. 6x to BUR, 4x to LAS, 4x to SNA and now 3x to BFI by summer.
Getting there 15 minutes before and hopping on the plane makes it an attractive option.
channa and UAPremierExec like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Getting there 15 minutes before and hopping on the plane makes it an attractive option.
I've only flown it once (and will again this coming weekend) and picked up / dropped off someone once. The minor downsides are

(1) If you need a rental car, you're nowhere near them, and other than a single rental service you can email, you're on your own to get to the rental lots.
(2) Parking is a fortune, and if you use airport parking, you're on your own to get to/from the hangar.
(3) There's nowhere to wait if you get there early, awaiting someone.

With enough service (and @ OAK, I think we're there), perhaps they'll make arrangements with one of the off-site parking lots. I really hope this expansion doesn't hurt reliability, nor make the terminal too crowded.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:37 am

I've only flown it once (and will again this coming weekend) and picked up / dropped off someone once. The minor downsides are

(1) If you need a rental car, you're nowhere near them, and other than a single rental service you can email, you're on your own to get to the rental lots.
(2) Parking is a fortune, and if you use airport parking, you're on your own to get to/from the hangar.
(3) There's nowhere to wait if you get there early, awaiting someone.

With enough service (and @ OAK, I think we're there), perhaps they'll make arrangements with one of the off-site parking lots. I really hope this expansion doesn't hurt reliability, nor make the terminal too crowded.
They do have a partnership with GoRentals in Burbank where they started which is right outside the terminal. Oakland service is still fairly new but they may be able to add a small rental car/parking option now that they are growing in OAK.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I think once TH hits 75K, this might be a great option for her.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
I'm all over this. AS has lost me completely on this route.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't you just call a rental car company to pick you up? Isn't that basically Enterprise's entire brand marketing?
jjmadison likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Parking used to be free at OAK - I guess they have expanded too much to make that sustainable.
For car rental it is actually really close to the rental cars - if I needed a car I'd just order a lyft/uber to get to the rental car facility - would be a pretty cheap fare and probably far quicker than a rental car shuttle from the main terminal.

If anyone is unaware, most JetSuiteX flights have JetBlue codeshares. This is very helpful with corporate travel policies.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
​​​​​​really excited about this, just flew Jsx oak-bur and made it door to door Walnut Creek to West Hollywood in 2 hours, goodbye SeaTac
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Can't you just call a rental car company to pick you up? Isn't that basically Enterprise's entire brand marketing?
Enterprise usually excludes airports from their pick up service.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aliquot
false advertising!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Aliquot
“airports” writ large (i.e., including FBOs) or just the airline terminals?
jinglish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.