Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

POD Parking - calling a POD at all call points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold

New (and infuriating) one on me this evening ... I suspect not intentional but either way it was annoying.

Got to POD parking call points at T5, only to find that the (adult) couple who arrived there a few moments before had pressed all 4 call points with parking zone A. The docks were all empty at the time, and then said couple sailed blithely off in the first POD to arrive, leaving me and Master TT1F to decide whether to take one of the next 3 PODs, all of which were programmed now to go to A and walk, or wait till the one we were able to call for B once the miscreants' POD had departed....

Some people
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
DYKWBIP ... which button I pressed?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
It's like people who press the elevator button for the opposite direction of intended travel and, when it stops and the doors open, are surprised its going the wrong way.... Also people who re-press the call button while waiting for the elevator after its already been pressed. This is doubly annoying if a car then appears, as if validating the press they made.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Gosh, I would have never have thought of pressing all 4 buttons for the Pods, and I was a childhood 'press the button for the pelican crossing for no reason' serial offender.
ThatT1Feeling and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm sure it is still possible to travel from Station A to Station B (and vv) on the Pods if the walking distance exceeds some preset limit.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
How long did this hold you up for? Surely once their pod departed you were able to request one for yourself.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
I'm sure it is still possible to travel from Station A to Station B (and vv) on the Pods if the walking distance exceeds some preset limit.
Hmmmm now you mention it, I think you’re right - but that didn’t occur to me at the time 😅
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
How long did this hold you up for? Surely once their pod departed you were able to request one for yourself.
probably only 3 minutes - of course it didn’t ruin my day 😂
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Must have been a bit like London buses, nothing arrives for ages and then 3 turn up all on the same route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.