Wiki Posts
Search

MyTrips "Beta"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
MyTrips "Beta"

I'm surprised not to see a thread about this... Just logged in for the first time in a while and saw a link to opt in to a "beta" experience for My Trips.

Spoiler alert and big surprise -- it's a pile of $#@!. Lots of pics and random info, requires more scrolling to get to what I need. Mileage estimates don't take into account status.

The style actually looks like something VX designed but never got around to implementing.

Are they going to bring back avatars too??
tusphotog likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I can see how if you only had one trip booked it'd be nice, but if you have a bunch booked it's just a whole lot of pointless scrolling. I left feedback...
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AS Peon
I actually didn't mind the beta and thought it was a nice change. Although, I agree, too much unused space. If they keep all the same info (including the picture! It makes me more excited to visit, although need to get new pictures for places like PIT ) and condense it together a bit more, I'd be very happy with the page personally.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Well, maybe that's why it's broken at the moment...

Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Well, maybe that's why it's broken at the moment...

Broken seems like an understatement. The app deleted all 5 of my planned trips when I opened it up this morning. I proceeded to the website which displays the message you captured. Anyone counting on the website or app for check-in, flight info, changes, or other information are SOL at the moment.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:25 am

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by clarrkkent
Broken seems like an understatement. The app deleted all 5 of my planned trips when I opened it up this morning. I proceeded to the website which displays the message you captured. Anyone counting on the website or app for check-in, flight info, changes, or other information are SOL at the moment.
Same here - when I went into the app, all 15 of my planned trips were deleted. The app says I'm synced with My Trips, but hopefully they'll reappear, and I won't have to manually enter them. Annoying.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
They're back on the app! (For now...)
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
The missing reservations is unrelated to the beta, it was a Saber outage this morning.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
The style actually looks like something VX designed but never got around to implementing.
Agree that is not really a useful design. What could be presented on one screen now forces you to scroll endlessly and click "view more trips" at the bottom for more than 5 trips.

It's very VX-esque in design and in that it seems to actually be designed for mobile touch screen use. The VX website was basically unusable on desktop and only marginally better in mobile.

If you resize the desktop browser window by making it as narrow a possible, you will see that the trips are actually cards that are designed to be swiped horizontally. If you load up the beta trips page in a mobile device browser, you can see what they trying to do. It works OK, but still takes info that could be displayed in one screen, and forces you to swipe to multiple screens.

I do like that they have added the traveler name and some direct links to perform actions, but on a desktop browser with 8 trips to view, it's essentially useless.

I really hope this doesn't mean they are headed in the direction (like I think VX did) of a single site design for mobile and desktop that sacrifices functionality for the sake of mobile usability. Especially since they have a usable mobile site now and working apps that most mobile users will use anyway.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's the feedback I sent them:

Far too much wasted space. I need to see more than 1-2 trips on the screen at the same time.

I have an SFO-PDX; PDX-OAK trip coming up. This is a round trip. The fact that I leave and arrive from/at different co-terminals is a minor, mostly irrelevant point. Displaying it as SFO -> "Multiple Cities" is completely useless. The important piece of information is that I'm going to Portland. Why do you hide this information from me? On the old page it just lists the trip as "Portland, OR" which is exactly what I need to know.

This takes up 10x as much space and still doesn't have room to show the most critical piece of information about a trip (where I'm going). It's an absolute disaster.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
The "estimated" mileage is absolutely incorrect and really not helpful. It only does a look up of origin to destination. No actual calculation of the flight itinerary for COS bonus and actual segments/routing for actual MP earning.....seems like a big miss here.
bmvaughn and jjmadison like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
A little birdie in Seattle tells me this was a group intern project gone awry.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/i...es-1081836017/

Intern - Mobile Developer
Alaska Airlines

lalala and williwaw like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I wrote an absolute novel of feedback about what was wrong with this view. It's good for a one-off view of infrequent fliers that earn enough mileage every decade for their 1 award ticket. Otherwise, it's unusable.
jjmadison and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jjmadison
A little birdie in Seattle tells me this was a group intern project gone awry.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/i...es-1081836017/

Intern - Mobile Developer
Alaska Airlines

Justin the summer intern!
jjmadison likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Noticed it about 4 months ago, seriously...a beta for 4 plus months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.