Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Upgrade confirmed on existing business class ticket ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold

Irrops exchanged ticket due to 7M8 grounding.
Original ticket was business (I) class on both segments.

Exchanged ticket the day of 7M8 grounding so a week ago.
New ticket fare classes (D) business in both segments.

This morning i get an email that I was automatically upgraded to business and my upgrade was now confirmed. It’s less then 500 miles so no 500 mile stickers needed. The thing is I already had a business class ticket.

I called up AA and they assured me everything is fine but said it was a system glitch because of the fare codes ? Im
not understanding that as I was rebooked into D fare class.

should I call back or just leave it as is ?

Will this affect my Elite qualification amounts ?

Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Call afterwards if flight credits are wrong when posted. I wouldn’t worry much for now.
JDiver and Shadowfactor like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
Irrops exchanged ticket due to 7M8 grounding.
Original ticket was business (I) class on both segments.

Exchanged ticket the day of 7M8 grounding so a week ago.
New ticket fare classes (D) business in both segments.

This morning i get an email that I was automatically upgraded to business and my upgrade was now confirmed. It’s less then 500 miles so no 500 mile stickers needed. The thing is I already had a business class ticket.

I called up AA and they assured me everything is fine but said it was a system glitch because of the fare codes ? Im
not understanding that as I was rebooked into D fare class.

should I call back or just leave it as is ?

Will this affect my Elite qualification amounts ?
Check your seat assignments – when this happened to me (I was already ticketed in J after a SWU upgrade and a 500-mile upgrade came through on top), I ended up with a different seat after the 500-mile upgrade and couldn't get my original seat back. As it turned out I couldn't get it back because it was still assigned to me. Needless to say it took a phone call to sort it all out.
Shadowfactor and AA100k like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
Check your seat assignments – when this happened to me (I was already ticketed in J after a SWU upgrade and a 500-mile upgrade came through on top), I ended up with a different seat after the 500-mile upgrade and couldn't get my original seat back. As it turned out I couldn't get it back because it was still assigned to me. Needless to say it took a phone call to sort it all out.
i did loose my seat assignment and was placed in the twin seats. Switched back to the solo side after reading your post.
thank you.

thanks for the advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.