Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR (USA) to Flying Blue (AF/KL) 25% bonus to April 29, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR (USA) to Flying Blue (AF/KL) 25% bonus to April 29, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion
Exclamation MR (USA) to Flying Blue (AF/KL) 25% bonus to April 29, 2019

Special Offer: Get 25% more Air France KLM Flying Blue Miles when you transfer Membership Rewards points through 4/29/2019.
Normal rate: 1000:1000
Promo rate: 1000:1250
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:34 pm

NOOOO. I just transferred a week ago 202,000 points. There's no way for me to get the bonus huh.

Last edited by mia; Mar 23, 2019 at 8:04 pm Reason: Remove profanity.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:52 pm

Thumbs down Warning - Air France / FB just claimed my 254,000 MR points I transferred were Fraud

TL;DR - 3 days ago, I transferred 254,000 (317,500 with conversion) MR points to Flying Blue. They, however, refuse to book the tickets, with FB staff stating the account is "Fraudulent." (the message on the website is that the booking request is too complicated, and that you have to go to a ticket office).

I have another thread over on the AirFrance/Flying Blue section asking if there's anything I can do. But, I thought I'd warn my fellow MR people that this can happen. Be careful transferring to AirFrance. I've been fighting this 3 days. I have gone to the ticket counter and showed them my passports. Nothing helps.

Be warned!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Did you recently create the FB account?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:03 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by wflanagan
TL;DR - 3 days ago, I transferred 254,000 (317,500 with conversion) MR points to Flying Blue. They, however, refuse to book the tickets, with FB staff stating the account is "Fraudulent." (the message on the website is that the booking request is too complicated, and that you have to go to a ticket office).

I have another thread over on the AirFrance/Flying Blue section asking if there's anything I can do. But, I thought I'd warn my fellow MR people that this can happen. Be careful transferring to AirFrance. I've been fighting this 3 days. I have gone to the ticket counter and showed them my passports. Nothing helps.

Be warned!
You need to provide more details, not anything this simple...

Everything happens for a reason.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How many flights have you done on AF/KLM?
Or other Skyteam airlines that credited to your FB ff account?
What is your ff status with FB (AF/KLM)?

OP other threads
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
"For the last two and a half years I’ve written about customers having their accounts shut down by Air France after transferring points in from a bank partner and redeeming an award.

An Air France auditor claimed at the time, “[T]he use of our frequent flyer accounts as boxes opened to transfer miles with our non air partners won’t be allowed anymore.”

While Air France swears that’s not the policy, their anti-fraud folks went off the rails. If they didn’t shut down accounts, sometimes they just blocked ticketing and required customers to go to an airport to complete their purchase."

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...ticket-awards/
Mwenenzi, AceReport and FTA like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
"For the last two and a half years I’ve written about customers having their accounts shut down by Air France after transferring points in from a bank partner and redeeming an award."
It's pretty concerning that this has now apparently happened to at least three people. Isn't a huge part of the value of MRs/URs/TYPs/etc. the fact that they can be transferred to a variety of programs, presumably many of which most of these CC holders have never used before? This seems like something AMEX should be made aware of.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please join discussion in the Flying Blue forum:

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
You need to provide more details, not anything this simple...

Everything happens for a reason.
I don't want to double post. But, over in the AirFrance/Flying Blue forum, there's a LOT of detail about what I did. Mia linked to it above.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The account is new. I created it specifically to take advantage of the bonus, and to try out Air France. I have done 0 flights on Air France/Skyteam. However, I am Platinum for Life on American, and a regular Star Alliance flyer now. I'm not an "amateur" flyer. If anything, my problem is that I don't post enough on here, or only when there's something I could use some help with.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
sometimes they just blocked ticketing and required customers to go to an airport to complete their purchase.
They asked me to, and I did go to IAD today. I showed them all my details, and all the details of the parties trying to travel with me (my wife and daughter). Passports and everything. And, they still didn't, or rather couldn't, book it after I had done all of this (and burned the entire day doing it as they said they were open at 9am, but really weren't open until 2pm).
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi

OP other threads
By the way, this is the exact routing I have (in the earlier post) on Air France.. minus the leg in the middle. I am covering that one myself (though, i guess it looks like i'm covering ALL of them myself.).
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Ends today
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by wflanagan
The account is new. I created it specifically to take advantage of the bonus, and to try out Air France. I have done 0 flights on Air France/Skyteam. However, I am Platinum for Life on American, and a regular Star Alliance flyer now. I'm not an "amateur" flyer. If anything, my problem is that I don't post enough on here, or only when there's something I could use some help with.
This is so messed up. I've done similar transfers to multiple programs (including BA, AC, SQ, KE, AV, EK) to which I've never actually credited a flight, with no problem at all.

I actually just credited two short intra-Europe AF flights to Flying Blue, rather than DL, in order to open the door to hassle-free AMEX transfers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.