Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What do you do with these breakfast chips?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond

My children were given these chips at the Hilton Ord .
what are for ?

Chips
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Beano
what are for ?

Chips
Do they have any flavor? Are they chewy? Crunchy? They are chips as you indicated...

David
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:25 pm

I'd reckon you redeem them for breakfast, no?

Only other property where I've seen something similar is the Hilton Cologne, where they give elites a few such chips that can be redeemed at the pantry near the front desk for snacks, drinks, etc. A small gesture since they don't have a lounge.
Beano likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Beano
what are for ?

Chips
What did the front desk say when they asked? That would seem to be the most efficient method to obtain a correct answer.
HMPS, nancypants, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
I think they are meant to be left on your table at breakfast to inform the servers not to charge anything.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
Do they have any flavor? Are they chewy? Crunchy? They are chips as you indicated...

David
The childen said they do not taste as nice as the DT cookies but they like how magnets stick to them :-)
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld

What did the front desk say when they asked? That would seem to be the most efficient method to obtain a correct answer.
only discovered the kids had them after we had left the hotel so too late
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I'd reckon you redeem them for breakfast, no?

Only other property where I've seen something similar is the Hilton Cologne, where they give elites a few such chips that can be redeemed at the pantry near the front desk for snacks, drinks, etc. A small gesture since they don't have a lounge.
Hilton Cologne does have a lounge if were talking about the same property across from the train station in city center. At least it did last year & I got a couple tokens
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
If I recall, they give you these at Hilton ORD to show your server that you are Diamond and entitled to free continental breakfast (which excludes the hot items) - and only that. If you “buy up” to a full breakfast they give you chips with a different color.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
The hotel gave breakfast chips to your children when you weren't looking?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Chips are for use in the "Breakfast" speak-easy gaming room, just one step further into the building. IIRC, the brown ones are valid only for the roulette tables.

Rien ne vas plus !
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
Hilton Cologne does have a lounge if were talking about the same property across from the train station in city center. At least it did last year & I got a couple tokens
No, it doesn't. I stayed there just a few months ago. Check the FT property thread, TA reviews, and the Hilton.com search result toggle for "Executive Lounge". All make it pretty clear that the property doesn't have a lounge. Unless it is one so secretive that nothing is spoken of it and Hilton denies its existence.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
You get the chips when you check in for breakfast and you put them on your table. Gold only gets the continental breakfast. I presume Diamond gets the full breakfast?

I haven't seen them anywhere except the ORD Hilton.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have been at a couple of Hiltons such as Hilton Alexandria Old Town where you tell the hostess your name and they check your name off and then the hostess will put down a cardboard chip that says Diamond Breakfast or something similar to let the server know you are getting breakfast comped (also I assume part of it is to make the guest feel a tad more special)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by LarryJ
You get the chips when you check in for breakfast and you put them on your table. Gold only gets the continental breakfast. I presume Diamond gets the full breakfast?

I haven't seen them anywhere except the ORD Hilton.
Maybe it's a Chicago thing...I've seen them at the Hilton Rosemont (ORD) and the Palmer House downtown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.