Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Reward Calendar Not Working

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
BA Reward Calendar Not Working

I have been checking award availability on BA website on and off for last 2 months and the award calendar is no longer working.

I have tried the app, safari and firefox.

Apart from having to call in Is there any other way to check award availability for a month at a time?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Try looking on https://rewardflightfinder.com/
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Thanks, Whats up with the BA search tool?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
Navatwal, check out this thread I opened yesterday - is the same case with you that you get an error only on some routes? For me it's not working on LHR-AMS and LHR-LYS, but I see for others it works on those routes.

Cannot book an award ticket between LHR and AMS

Last edited by Thomas PL; Mar 19, 2019 at 8:32 am
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
Is that for all routes or (looking at your location - SFO) just the SFO-LHR route?
Availability from the Bay Area looks scarce all summer in premium cabins, I was looking to burn a 2-4-1 this summer and I'm struggling to find availability.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Yep SFO and SJC have very poor availability and do not show the 30 day calendar.

i am BA Gold and I am too burning the 2-4-1 voucher, can't find availability for Inbound Leg, should I book as a one-way and add later?

I understand that there is a $55 per person change fee involved, is there any way to avoid this?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
The calendar in the BA app was very strange yesterday. No month between September and November and September had 31 days...
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
Yep SFO and SJC have very poor availability and do not show the 30 day calendar.

i am BA Gold and I am too burning the 2-4-1 voucher, can't find availability for Inbound Leg, should I book as a one-way and add later?

I understand that there is a $55 per person change fee involved, is there any way to avoid this?
Availability does pop up last minute from time to time, I got one last week on the day of travel. You wouldn't need to pay a change fee if you book a one way now and add a one way in the opposite direction later as it's two separate bookings - Conventional wisdom is that two separate bookings is the preferred way to book anyway. The gamble is booking the one way and not getting a return.

You will have to keep checking every evening PST for any new releases
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
Availability does pop up last minute from time to time, I got one last week on the day of travel. You wouldn't need to pay a change fee if you book a one way now and add a one way in the opposite direction later as it's two separate bookings - Conventional wisdom is that two separate bookings is the preferred way to book anyway. The gamble is booking the one way and not getting a return.

You will have to keep checking every evening PST for any new releases

Can you book two separate one-way bookings using the same Companion Voucher?

I was under the impression that the 2-4-1 cert can only be used one time.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
Can you book two separate one-way bookings using the same Companion Voucher?

I was under the impression that the 2-4-1 cert can only be used one time.
i don't think thats possible, in my experience the 2-4-1's are best suited if you can be really flexible or so organized that you can book when seats are first released
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Lowly Blue
navatwal
Can you book two separate one-way bookings using the same Companion Voucher? I was under the impression that the 2-4-1 cert can only be used one time…
Soupdragon62 is correct in saying that you can, subject to some conditions, and you (probably) will have to phone BA to do it.

Waiting for both the outbound and return dates for a particular destination before booking can often prove fruitless. On popular routes, by the time the return date you want becomes available it is quite likely that the outbound date will no longer be available.

I book my outbound flight (using an AmEx 2-4-1 voucher) as soon as it becomes available, often at departure date –355 days, and then hope that an acceptable return date becomes available at some point in the future.Travelling mainly London-Florida/Georgia, this procedure has worked well for me. A change fee may or may not be involved and should a suitable return flight never become available, I just cancel the earlier booking, obtain a refund and hope for better luck next time.

There is good advice on a sticky at the head of this forum entitled “Your guide to spending Avios / 2019 edition” which Prospero and others have very kindly spent a lot of time compiling which you may find useful and the site cosmo74 recommended rewardflightfinder.com is another very useful source of information regarding availability.

Best Regards

Bellerophon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.