Wiki Posts
Search

Kind recommendation for lounge in LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Kind recommendation for lounge in LHR T5

The thread about lounges is very nice and informative. But I am overwhelmed with information. Kindly could someone offer some quick advice?

I have about 2 hours in LHR T5 connecting including boarding. Traveling BA World club to HND and have only entry-level one world status.

I was thinking of Elmis spa 15 minutes. What is the probability to get an appointment around 08:30 in the morning?
And then check out a lounge shortly before boarding. In T5 I guess BA Gallery should be fine? Or is it worth bothering with heading to T4?

Thanks

Last edited by s5804; Mar 18, 2019 at 3:55 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
You won't be able to just wander over to another terminal. Depending on where your flight usually departs from it may be worth going to the B gates lounge/spa. It's somewhat possible that you'd get an appointment this way.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by s5804
And then check out a lounge shortly before boarding. In T5 I guess BA Gallery should be fine? Or is it worth bothering with heading to T4?
The T4 reference confuses me, can you clarify why T4 comes into this?

But the short answer - in the absence of more details - is to go to T5B Galleries, see the Dashboard guides for UK lounges - and the Passageway Guide to Departing passengers. The latter is necessary in case your aircraft departs from T5A or T5C.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

OK. No wondering around to T4. Galleries in T5 it will be.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
OK. No wondering around to T4. Galleries in T5 it will be.

Thanks for the feedback.
No... LHR is a very large airport.

Even T5 has 3 sub-terminals with a train to connect them. A-gates are in the main part of T5. B and C gates require a train shuttle. When you arrive, try to find out if your flight will depart from B or C gates. If this is the case, you may have more luck booking a spa appointment at B-gate lounge. There is no lounge at C gates.

If you want to shop, the best place is A-gates. You can go to the Elemis spa in A-gates and ask them if there are any appointments available at B-gates.

If you take a train to B-gates, the only way back to A-gates is to walk using the walkway underneath the train. It is a pleasant walk as it is the quietest place in Heathrow!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:56 am

If you have two hours including boarding, I'd say you have no chance of a walk up appointment at T5A at that hour. There's an outside chance you might get something at T5B but I wouldn't expect it. You're really only looking at a couple of potential slots as you'd need to be clear about an hour before departure to allow for getting to the gate and boarding.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
with 2 hours you'd have no chance of visiting T4 even if you could get access to it.

Is there a reason to visit T4? If it's shopping for a particular item the HAL shopping people can usually arrange it for you if you given them enough notice.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:26 am
Original Poster

It is my first time to LHR T5 so I have no clue how to optimize the visit. No reason for T4. Only curiosity.

Thanks for the amazing feedback. I will definitely use it and try to get a spa slot...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:29 am
Original Poster

By the way, it looks as if HND is always in T5C.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
By the way, it looks as if HND is always in T5C.
It could be either T5C or T5B, or even bussed from A10 in T5A. You won’t know for sure until the day itself when the gate is shown about an hour before the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.