Where is the food served from in WT+ ?

Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Where is the food served from in WT+ ?

I'm travelling on BA41 to Durban on 787-8 next week in WT+

Its not something i've really thought about before (i've just waited for the drink service and had a wine or two while I wait), but this time we are travelling with a 6 month old, and suddenly little things like when we get our food (i.e, how long we have to get hiom to sleep) matter.

Does the WT+ food come from CW kitchen (in which case I guess we get served last), or from WT?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
From WT, and you're the first to get food on the aircraft - CW and First (though there's no First to DUR currently) takes much more preparation, so it's not unusual for WTP to have completed their meal while CW are still getting starters.

If you are a couple with a young child you can ask the crew to stagger things so that (e.g.) child and one adult gets fed first, and then the other adult eats afterwards.
FlyerTalker39574 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:09 am
Suspended

If you order s special meal, it may arrive earlier than others. A polite request to the crew may also suffice.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
From WT, and you're the first to get food on the aircraft - CW and First (though there's no First to DUR currently) takes much more preparation, so it's not unusual for WTP to have completed their meal while CW are still getting starters.

If you are a couple with a young child you can ask the crew to stagger things so that (e.g.) child and one adult gets fed first, and then the other adult eats afterwards.
Thanks. His main food is still milk direct from source :-) so just the adults meals to consider.
If it comes that quickly we will just have to put him in the bassinet. We managed ok (without bassinet) on LCY - EDI on the Embrear 190 last month (Club Europe), so should be a breeze.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by richardwft
If you order s special meal, it may arrive earlier than others. A polite request to the crew may also suffice.
Not just special meals : in my recent experience in WTP, online pre-ordering your preferred main course dish on ex-LHR flights means its delivered earlier than the rest.

The bread, however, tends to arrive just as you're tucking into pudding.
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
staggering meals works well - one of you gets served first in the WTP cabin, and the other towards the end - leaves one of you free to hold the baby if he/she won't settle or needs feeding, changing etc.

as the babies get older and become toddlers, staggering meals like that is the only real way to do it - once they are past the age of sitting quietly in the bassinet it's essential to keep one parent's hands free...!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That’s a great idea, if you are a couple ask the crew to stagger the meals, I always offer this,
argonath likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.