Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Select your DeltaOne Meal" on NYC-MCO flights...rebranding?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference

So, I just got an email from DL inviting me to select my Delta One meal for a flight to Florida from LGA. I'm probably going to wind up on a flight from JFK instead (this is a connection and JFK has better lounges), but I'm just a little bit surprised at that phrasing. Is this just DL's IT not handling the F/J shuffle well? Or is there some brandhing shuffle that I missed?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
So, I just got an email from DL inviting me to select my Delta One meal for a flight to Florida from LGA. I'm probably going to wind up on a flight from JFK instead (this is a connection and JFK has better lounges), but I'm just a little bit surprised at that phrasing. Is this just DL's IT not handling the F/J shuffle well? Or is there some brandhing shuffle that I missed?
What are the meal choices?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I got the same for my ATL-SJC trip in a couple of days. I think it's "Delta One" as opposed to $class_of_service.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I got the same for my ATL-SJC trip in a couple of days. I think it's "Delta One" as opposed to $class_of_service.
Is the flight a "direct" flight that continues on to, or comes from, some int'l destination?

Most likely that's it, as such "direct" flights domestic segment fare class has been all along also impacted, and now it likely carries through to this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
I got the same thing for BOS-ATL 2383

I figured it was a direct thing, but from what I can tell that flight number is just BOS-ATL and the jet was an A321 with regular F seats.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It's just an IT glitch or they forgot to change the boilerplate language, as discussed on the preordering thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post30755574
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Is the flight a "direct" flight that continues on to, or comes from, some int'l destination?

Most likely that's it, as such "direct" flights domestic segment fare class has been all along also impacted, and now it likely carries through to this.
It doesn't appear to be, 2980 ATL-SJC.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
This was LGA-MCO and one of the options was a rather nice-sounding steak dish (that I'm hoping shows up as an option on my JFK-MCO flight).
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
I received the same email, with the same wording, a few days prior to my LAX-DFW flight on Sat 16 Feb. Equipment was an A319.

Glad to see the advance meal selection program is expanding like this. I'll forgive the "Delta One" branding on the emails for the moment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.