Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Avianca Colombia: Business Class: JFK - Assuncion US$1030

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Le Club Platinum

Not sure if it has been published yet, but there is a good deal on Avianca to fly JFK-ASU via SAL and LIM, which is good to collect additional air miles!
Booking Class: D
Origin: JFK
Destination: ASU
Connections: SAL and LIM
Not a good combination of aircraft though - A320 and A330.

It seems to be fairly available until December. If the objective is to get to ASU with less connections, it is also possible to fly Copa Airlines for basically the same price.

I found the details in this blog.

Happy mileage run in J class!!!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Hmmm. Always wanted to go to Paraguay!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Haven't posted it here but Bolivia is usually at the same price range.
Uruguay is maybe 100 more
Buenos Aires 1250-1300 usually
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
It's been around for quite a long time. Been discussed.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:13 pm

You get what you pay for.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by erik123
You get what you pay for.
Considering that AA charges at times extreme premiums and sometimes more than this in Coach. I don't think it's a terrible fare.

What to do in San Salvador?

If you decide to use this ticket and have a long connection in San Salvador, the Joya de Cerén archaeological site which is sometimes called the Pompeii of the Americas is a short taxi ride from the airport. 4 hour tours from the airport can be arranged for under 100 USD depending on your level of Spanish. Joya de Ceren was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993.

What to do in Quito?
One can tour the presidential palace (for free) and learn about the interesting heritage and culture of the city.

Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Hmmm. Always wanted to go to Paraguay!
Me too, but for Canadians there's a $150USD on arrival visa cost. As much as I wanna do it, I just can't justify that. $200CAD on top of all other costs is just too much. I think I can probably wait out the Paraguayan government. I managed to wait out the Argentinian reciprocity fee . Either that or try to hit Paraguay on a RTW redemption where I'm a little less concerned about those extra costs.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
JFK-ASU/MVD (also lower to LPZ and VVI) has been as low as $899 during shoulder periods (just check the prices on Google and ITA periodically). The problem is if you need to go elsewhere (SCL for example) the cost will add up quickly, along with extra time.

Perhaps OK if you want to go to IGU and have the extra time. Try to fly on A330s, the timing of JFK flights to BOG is not favorable. If you have extra day/night, you can overnight through/in SAL and at least fly A330 on SAL-LIM in the morning, the pricing would be same as short connection (under 24 hours). AV's multi-city booking site isn't available in US version so try the INTL version instead.

https://www.avianca.com/otr/en/
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:28 am
Original Poster

If I were in New York I would do this trip. It is very tempting! And I was reading some comments in the Brazilian blog last night and apparently it is even cheaper to be booked on the opposite direction, that is, ASU - JFK - ASU!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EMB195
If I were in New York I would do this trip. It is very tempting! And I was reading some comments in the Brazilian blog last night and apparently it is even cheaper to be booked on the opposite direction, that is, ASU - JFK - ASU!
I need to quote myself as funny enough they seem to have published something suggesting it could do a sort of mileage run. Very tempting to get a cheap flight from London to JYF and then jump on this!!

New post published in the blog.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by EMB195
For whatever reason there's constantly these 2/3 cities in 1 trip deals from IAD and NYC, usually it's more Brazil-centric, but if you're planning on being in NY at some point, they come up often. My problem is I live in YVR, across the continent and AV only flies to LAX and it's always pricey and doesn't connect well either from here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.