Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Twinings Fruit teas "enhanced away" in GF?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Twinings Fruit teas "enhanced away" in GF?

On my last 2 visits to GF at T5 I noticed there were no more fruit teas on the racks, only regular Twinings teas. Have they been enhanced away, or have they a new hiding place?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Did you ask the staff?
likethis and mikeyfly like this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Loads a few days ago when I was last through.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I did hear that there has been quite a lot of pilfering of the teas, with some passengers taking handfuls of the tea bags and stuffing their pockets. Perhaps this is a contributory factor in the diminished stock?
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I did hear that there has been quite a lot of pilfering of the teas, with some passengers taking handfuls of the tea bags and stuffing their pockets. Perhaps this is a contributory factor in the diminished stock?
Twinings tea bags attract a hefty price tag here. So although sad to hear I'm not surprised they get pilfered by those with sticky fingers.
Thankfully I'm not a lover of fruit teas and find their 'traditional' teas far too weak.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
One of the great joys of BA lounges is the ability to sit down with a pot of tea. Although I'm not a huge fruit tea fan (preferring full bodied builder's tea), it would be sad if they diminished the range of teas available.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by xenole
Loads a few days ago when I was last through.
Were they together with the other teas, or in a different place maybe? I just looked on the rack with the other teas.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Dunno about "handfuls", but I usually take a couple of "Superfruity" as I don't like the new type of fruit tea they have in F onboard. If I don't manage to get some in GF I ask the crew to bring me cranberry and raspberry from CW ...
Gastrocnemius and orbitmic like this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I have witnessed that several times myself... what is the tea so expensive that you need to take more then a couple bags?
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've just popped into Flounge, and well.....

So they haven't been enhanced. Or may be they are temporarily enhanced during the Peak Pilfering Period? The OP can also ask for them in CCR, they're on the tea menu there too.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mikebg
Dunno about "handfuls", but I usually take a couple of "Superfruity" as I don't like the new type of fruit tea they have in F onboard. If I don't manage to get some in GF I ask the crew to bring me cranberry and raspberry from CW ...
Yes, the current F tea selection is really poor and the J even worse. I usually bring my own, but on the rare occasions I forget I have occasionally taken a single apple and elderflower for the trip.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
While we’re on the subject of tea in first, i think a nice loose leaf assam wouldn’t go amiss.

I get the feeling the amazing alcohol range doesn’t impress many young adults these days with so many of them opting not to drink alcohol at all. Maybe BA can impress them with some nice hot drinks and non-alcoholics.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've just popped into Flounge, and well.....

So they haven't been enhanced. Or may be they are temporarily enhanced during the Peak Pilfering Period? The OP can also ask for them in CCR, they're on the tea menu there too.
Where abouts is that? Next to the coffee machines at the entrance to the dining area, or somewhere else?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is by the side nearest the Champagne Bar, but there was a similar range in the Refectory. To be fair, they did swap sides a few months ago when they put the plates out for Tom's Pies.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is by the side nearest the Champagne Bar, but there was a similar range in the Refectory. To be fair, they did swap sides a few months ago when they put the plates out for Tom's Pies.
The refectory end had a full range at lunchtime today, much less at the Champagne bar end

DOI Liberated 2 Ginger + Citrus teabags......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.