Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Possible to access lounge when 600TP but still showing bronze?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Hello frequent flyers! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

I was wondering if someone can help give me some advice on what to do? I have read about tier progression, and read the timelines on this forum but I couldn't find a specific answer to what I'm looking for (or perhaps I did but didn't understand the terminology you guys use like F, J etc.) Please remove if this is the wrong place... I'm not very experienced!

I am currently Bronze on 320 TP, and next week I am flying in Club world to the US with work, which will give me 140 TP each way (total 280) and landing me on 600TP (wahoo!). I will be flying back on Wednesday evening (arriving on Thursday morning at London) and on the Saturday I am going on holiday for leisure and flying economy. My understanding on this timeline is that I will not show as silver, but it will show my 600 TP. Will I have access to the lounge? The main reason I'm asking is because I have a 5 hour layover in Qatar, and it would be preferable to spend some of that time in the lounge.

I know it's a small first world problem but any help or guidance if there's something I should do (like phone BA on Friday?) that would be great! Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It does look like you are a day or two short, time wise. Unfortunately I can't see you getting Sapphire unless you are very lucky with the processing time, and I doubt that calling up will make a difference either. If this was the BA lounges in London then I think you would probably get access by showing the details on your BA App, which has a digital card on it, and hope for the agents' discretion. But Doha probably outranks DME for difficulty in getting flexibility against The Rules. However there is a Priority Pass lounge in DOH, Al Maha lounge on the second floor near the, er, big teddy bear. Temporarily they are by gate A1 but that's due to move back soon. I'd find a way to get entry to that.
https://www.al-mahaservices.com/AlMaha/OurServices
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC
It is possible to do this in London in a BA lounge if you find someone willing to hear you out. I managed to do this a few years ago. Even though technically you have earned Silver, the system says you're not, and that's what counts.

I don't think it would work in Qatar though as tier points won't mean anything to them there.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Thank you Corporate-wage-slave and Shefgab for your responses.

I'll try the BA lounge in London and hope someone is feeling nice. Is it worth asking the check in agent for a lounge pass (if these exist?) or am I best to just check in and not mention anything at bag drop and then walk to the lounge?

Regarding Doha lounge, that's unfortunate but understandable. I'll look into the proposed lounge, and hope that it is showing as silver a week later for the return flight .

Thank you once again for your help!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
The timing of your flight means that you're likely to show as Silver/Sapphire on the Sunday or the Monday. From my experience you need to add another day for the changes to properly track over to oneworld partners.

The only possible fly in the ointment is that some lounges require you to present the physical card, a virtual card is insufficient. Although this shouldn't be a problem if the boarding pass shows sapphire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.