Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Not receiving folio email after checkout - SPG Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Silver

My last two stays at SPG properties, I've not received my email final folio after checkout. I checked out of the Aloft Love Field in Dallas on 2/6, and had to call the hotel to have them resend it two days later. It still wouldn't deliver to my work email in my profile, so I had to have them send it to a secondary email. This past week, I received my folio within 10 minutes of checking out of the MCI Marriott on 2/13, and have yet to receive it from the Sheraton LAX Gateway from my checkout on 2/14.

In addition, it appears that no SPG folios are available for download on the website...only the legacy Marriott ones. Is anyone else seeing this?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's been mentioned in the no download receipts thread. For a while, it seemed that both sides weren't getting folios, but lately it's been more the SPG properties not getting them.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Shearton Gateway (LAX) - I had a one night stay (2/14-2/15) there - first statement came to my email middle of the night, and the final statement came in shortly after check out. Same as always.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
This is all on the individual properties. As many here know, most of my stays are in one hotel. When they on checkout if I would like a printed statement of my stay and I reply that I would prefer email, it usually hits my Inbox before I walk away from the front desk.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
This is all on the individual properties. As many here know, most of my stays are in one hotel. When they on checkout if I would like a printed statement of my stay and I reply that I would prefer email, it usually hits my Inbox before I walk away from the front desk.
I wouldn't necessarily think 1 particular property is representative, given how many reports we're getting & many are from the SPG side.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Best practices when checking out from any Marriott property (for me going back well before 8/18) are to always get a printed folio, take a pic of it, and send to yourself. Can't ever rely on 100% getting an e-mail folio (I could with SPG and now can w/Hyatt)
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I always ask for a printed copy because most of time I don’t get the folio in the email.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Best practices when checking out from any Marriott property (for me going back well before 8/18) are to always get a printed folio, take a pic of it, and send to yourself. Can't ever rely on 100% getting an e-mail folio (I could with SPG and now can w/Hyatt)
I ask for both since August.
controller1 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I wouldn't necessarily think 1 particular property is representative, given how many reports we're getting & many are from the SPG side.
I agree. I was just saying that this likely has nothing to do with Marriott, -- it'sup to the individual properties to email portfolios.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Straight after August I had a lot of missing folios all of a sudden, but have now not had any issues since around when the new system was rolled out.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:03 pm

I've been 100% for the e-mailed folios for the past 3 months, surprisingly. Out of habit, I still snag a printed copy from the front desk every time just in case.

Now, on the other side of the fence, I received 2 e-mails for my most recent Hilton stay. NEITHER one had the correct information on it. When I went to Hilton.com, the correct bills showed up. Granted, the hotel took the liberty of charging everyone in the conference $4.78 for a bottle of water, which I called and had removed. No need for bottled water when there's an ice machine and perfectly drinkable tap water at that location.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I agree. I was just saying that this likely has nothing to do with Marriott, -- it'sup to the individual properties to email portfolios.
Actually that's wrong.

Properties use MAR systems (FOSSE, Opera, etc). When a property checks you out, they see 'folio being emailed' on their screen & as far as the property knows you've gotten the folio - until you call them to say you didn't, then they have to scan & email you the folio from the property.

Reason I know is (I mentioned in the download receipts thread) a friend of mine works at a property. He said pre 8/18 they'd occasionally get calls saying no folio received. Post 8/18 they get calls multiple times a week saying folio not received & have to scan folios & email them. They recently had a long-term guest say he didn't get 16 folios (why he waited 4 months to tell them is beyond me) & had to scan/email 16 folios.

I think you were lucky w/ your property.

FWIW - I've always gotten printed copies even w/ the email option. I want to see my folio before check-out, as I'd rather correct an error on-site than have to deal w/ it afterwards.

Cheers.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:04 am

Ran into this issue at the Sheraton in TN
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
I still seem to get precheckout emails from SPG hotels but not MAR hotels. So for SPG hotels, the lack of a preliminary folio means I request a printed receipt on checkout. I can’t remember ever getting a preliminary folio and not getting the final folio via email. Although most times it is the same anyway.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I want to see my folio before check-out, as I'd rather correct an error on-site than have to deal w/ it afterwards.

Cheers.
That's why I liked that SPG would send you a folio around 3:00 a.m. on the day of departure. That always allowed me to look at the charges prior to arriving at the front desk and if all the charges were in order, I would simply call down to the front desk and tell them to check me out thereby avoiding having to stand in line awaiting checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.