Wiki Posts
Search

Plugging a Laptop into the IFE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
Plugging a Laptop into the IFE

Is there a port on BA IFE units that allows you to watch a movie from your laptop on the plane's screen?

I've searched the forums and can't find anything about it in regards to the new IFE's. The BA FAQ's say:

On most of our aircraft you can connect your device to the in-flight entertainment system to charge it, or even watch your own films on the bigger screen on board.
but the PDF on the page only shows the power input options for all their aircraft.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:15 am

Some of the seats have RCA style connectors which allow you to share media. I *think* (but don't quote me) that some media can be watched by connecting your device via USB.

I did look into this a while ago but couldn't find a practical way of doing it - so just use my laptop.

Besides - unless you have a very small laptop - it's likely the screen on that is bigger than the one on the IFE. Certainly higher resolution than on the older birds.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Here's the Highlife thread section on this... not sure if it's still in date ?

Your Guide to BA's In-Flight Entertainment
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Here's the Highlife thread section on this... not sure if it's still in date ?

Your Guide to BA's In-Flight Entertainment
Thank you!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:51 am

Why would you do this when the screen on your laptop is probably bigger than the IFE screen?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TribalistMeathead
Why would you do this when the screen on your laptop is probably bigger than the IFE screen?
Could be useful if your lap/tray table area is being used for something else such as eating.

pop your laptop down between your feet, carefully, connect it up to IFE and carry on watching what you were watching before the meal service?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Bigbearcatcher

Could be useful if your lap/tray table area is being used for something else such as eating.

pop your laptop down between your feet, carefully, connect it up to IFE and carry on watching what you were watching before the meal service?
This is true, it would.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:03 pm
bzc

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TribalistMeathead
On longer fights I often get an achy neck from looking down at my tablet on the tray.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.