Wiki Posts
Search

GTE on a J ticket/BP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

GTE on a J ticket/BP

This was a new one to me. Could not check in online either. Agent at check in could not explain, nor in the lounge. I was top of the list for J standby/upgrade, while the thing said 14 seats, 14 booked, 13 checked in. Was the first to get called when the gate agent processed GTE.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: TK *G
By J ticket you mean originally booked in JCDZP? Was there any equipment change?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
May have been a block on a seat due to inop.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:48 am

If there was no downguage, how is this possible?
AC does not overbook J.
More importantly, in such scenarios, how does AC know who to boot out of J?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
GTE means you don't have a seat assignment. Nothing was overbooked.

13 checked in does not include the GTE.

It all resolved itself at the gate.

I hope you're not suggesting the agent should have told you there probably isn't a seat for you
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by AC*SE
May have been a block on a seat due to inop.
That is exactly what happened to me, inbound AC snagged a broken seat and when I checked in I got a GTE.
BTW I was on upgrade credits with a Lat fare...ended up in PE.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

P fare, made changes to that particular flight earlier in the day. No seat inop.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
I can attest to GTE on J. . . Had 2 Seat Innop on AC854 YVR-LHR. . . Ultimately, I was downgraded. Long story. Was modestly unpleasant. Shocking at the food in Y-class these days. Not even fit for prison actually.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
I can attest to GTE on J. . . Had 2 Seat Innop on AC854 YVR-LHR. . . Ultimately, I was downgraded. Long story. Was modestly unpleasant. Shocking at the food in Y-class these days. Not even fit for prison actually.
Agreed, and PE is no better (International PE that is)...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
LOL oh stop exaggerating. The freshii bowl is actually quite good when it's available (and usually if you ask nicely the FA's will let you pick it as part of your meal item when you prepay....)..... I would serve that to my mother and even my enemies. Pretty yummy.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:01 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Stranger, did you previously have an assigned seat?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Stranger, did you previously have an assigned seat?
I cannot tell. There was an advisory and I called to change my flight. Agent said I was lucky, that was was one seat left on that flight. Whether she assigned me a seat or not, I did not ask. I called a few hours before the flight, while parked between physio and a medical appointment, all rushed up. All because I was supposed to meet my wife at YYZ the next day and she would have hated continuing by herself and only meet me in Italy...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.