Wiki Posts
Search

Maximising TP on LHR to HND

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Maximising TP on LHR to HND

What is the easiest way for me to maximise TPs for trip from LHR to HND in business. I have normally flown direct with BA but thinking about doing a stop over somewhere as it’ll take me close to BAEC Gold for the first time.

I am thinking with Qatar via Doha in business. If I have worked it out correctly it’ll be 560 TP (which would put me on 1220 (3 months into my year). What’s the best tools to quicker find this out?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Dates are 15/02 - 20/02 or 16/02 - 20/02
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
there's a Tier Point calculator on the BA website: easy to use for all OneWorld partner flights

obvious choices would be Qatar via Doha (560 TPs return) or Finnair via Helsinki (440 TPs, I think; but a slightly quicker routing overall)

if you're hitting 1220 TPs 3 months into the year, do you really need to be maxing TPs like this now (no other travel planned?)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
use Google Flights to compare times and pricing
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ratypus
there's a Tier Point calculator on the BA website: easy to use for all OneWorld partner flights

obvious choices would be Qatar via Doha (560 TPs return) or Finnair via Helsinki (440 TPs, I think; but a slightly quicker routing overall)

if you're hitting 1220 TPs 3 months into the year, do you really need to be maxing TPs like this now (no other travel planned?)
I am using the calculator on BA but was hoping for something easier to show me all oneworld options on a single search.

I normally only flight within the UK, EU and one or two US flights a year. So normally only hit bronze or silver (if lucky). So my Charlotte, New York and Tokyo trip have been slightly out of the norm in 3 months. So probably would be back to 30 TP a round trip after this flight.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
if you don't mind positioning to HEL you can do HEL-DOH-HND for £1587 return for 560 Teir points and either use Avios to get to HEL or cash.
John
dutch_122 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thecoogan

I am thinking with Qatar via Doha in business. If I have worked it out correctly it’ll be 560 TP (which would put me on 1220 (3 months into my year). What’s the best tools to quicker find this out?
Yes LHR-DOH-HND and back on QR would be 560 TP.
The QR website would possibly be a good place to find flights...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Do take note of the flight times on QR though. Flying LHR-DOH-HND is almost as far as flying to Australia when it is actually only a 12 hour flight from the UK direct.

In fact, on the return due to winds, the flight times of HND-LHR and HND-DOH are about the same.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:48 pm

I always start with google flights. It has a convenient feature that allows you to select on OneWorld - though it is not always accurate.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:29 am

Or you could do LHR-SIN-SYD-HND which would give you a gold card.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by ratypus

Note that AY flights between HEL and Tokyo are to/from NRT rather than HND.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.