Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Are Cash and RFS Tickets Possible on Same Booking (PNR)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.

Standard apologies that I did search the forum (honest guv) but couldn't see anything relevant.

I want to book a return trip LON - Barcelona for 2 people. 1 ticket will be a RFS using Avios, the other a plain cash booking. Is this possible on the same PNR? This is to use my Silver benefits, the other passenger has no status.

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Not on the same PNR no.

You can Reward one way and cash one way. You'll get your status benefit in both cases
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Cash and Avios bookings cannot be mixed in this way.

Which specific benefits were you thinking of? Lounge access does not require the same booking, neither does fast track. In practice, neither does check-in either.

Luggage benefits and seat selection would not transfer across unfortunately.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You can Reward one way and cash one way. You'll get your status benefit in both cases
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Luggage benefits and seat selection would not transfer across unfortunately.
Thanks for the swift replies. Lack of seat selection is a downside. I’ll look at splitting the outbound and return as mentioned and also think about just cash, given the low fares on the dates I’m looking at (early Mar).

👍
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by krispy84
Thanks for the swift replies. Lack of seat selection is a downside
An excuse to get Gold?

(Gold members may make seating requests for passengers on the same flight but on separate bookings, as long as the other booking is in the same cabin. Personally I've been finding this a surprisingly useful benefit...)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
An excuse to get Gold?

(Gold members may make seating requests for passengers on the same flight but on separate bookings, as long as the other booking is in the same cabin. Personally I've been finding this a surprisingly useful benefit...)
That’s a good benefit. Unfortunately Gold isn’t realistic given my travel patterns. Unless the QR fare intern is offered another shift 😁.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.