Search

BA IB code share not crediting?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GCH

Hi everyone,

At Christmas I took advantage of the cheap fares to the US for a nice break away.

I used an OTA and after the event realised that they had booked all the flights (on BA through a variety of airlines). I went MAN - LHR (BA/BA) LHR - DEN (BA/IB) then returned MSY - LHR LHR - MAN (BA/AA). All the flights credited fine except the IB sector. I phoned the exec club and they said they would sort. Just got an email saying they can’t.

I thought all IB would credit? Am I wrong? How do I find out the booking class of the flight after flying? It doesn’t seem to be on my electronic boarding pass and I can’t access the full details on MMB any more.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Was the missing sector on OW metal?

I suggest you contact @BAMissingAvios and explain. They should sort it out for you?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GCH
Yes it was on BA metal. My partner has just told me his miles and tier points have credited, so hopefully I should be able to get it sorted.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:09 am

Had the same thing on a flight to BCN, BA metal, IB code. Didn't credit. Filled in the Form online and got them within the week
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by hypercrypt
Had the same thing on a flight to BCN, BA metal, IB code. Didn't credit. Filled in the Form online and got them within the week
Same. I've booked quite a lot of the LGW-BCN cheap business class fares recently, IB ticketed on BA metal. They reliably never credit and I have to fill in the form each time. Seems ridiculous that two companies which are both part of IAG can't sort this kind of thing out.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
BA metal flights sold as IB codeshares on IB issued tickets never credit automatically to BAEC. Assuming it’s been more than a week since the flight and you have the IB 075 ticket number, just do an online partner claim via BAEC and the TP/Avios should credit within 1-2 days.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold

Iberia 075 ticket, BA metal, IB code does not credit automatically in my experience. No idea why.
Claiming via avios partner can result in:-

1. Tier Points / Avios being added in 1-2 days (50/50)
2. BA Exec Club passing to Iberia to "Investigate". " Claims can take up to 8 weeks to be processed." This invariably leads to the claim being rejected with no reason and an automated email saying " I’m afraid we are unable to complete your claim for Avios and Tier Points on the following flight: This results in a call to India who "create a form and pass for processing" which then takes 10 days.(50/50)
jamesn00 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
BA metal flights sold as IB codeshares on IB issued tickets never credit automatically to BAEC. Assuming it’s been more than a week since the flight and you have the IB 075 ticket number, just do an online partner claim via BAEC and the TP/Avios should credit within 1-2 days.
What do you do if you are missing that one flight (BA metal / IB issued) to hit silver and you are flying next on BA within a week and hoping to get into the lounge. Normally BA/BA flights on 125 post really quickly for me, did not even occur being IAG that BA/IB might take so long.
Would calling BA and asking to do it manually few days after the flight result in credit faster?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by lehovec
What do you do if you are missing that one flight (BA metal / IB issued) to hit silver and you are flying next on BA within a week and hoping to get into the lounge. Normally BA/BA flights on 125 post really quickly for me, did not even occur being IAG that BA/IB might take so long.
Would calling BA and asking to do it manually few days after the flight result in credit faster?
I’ve never tried to get a quicker credit. Since IB is the marketing carrier, it is IB rather than BA which approves the credit, so it’s probable a call to BA would cause it to be referred to IB. That wouldn’t necessarily shorten the process, unless the BA call centre can do the system request in the back office sooner than it can be done on the website by a consumer. I wouldn’t bet on being able to speed this process up, but others may know differently. You could try and make the online claim earlier, if the website will allow it.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by volar
Same. I've booked quite a lot of the LGW-BCN cheap business class fares recently, IB ticketed on BA metal. They reliably never credit and I have to fill in the form each time. Seems ridiculous that two companies which are both part of IAG can't sort this kind of thing out.
I also had the same issue with LGW-BCN in Business Class which was IB ticketed on both BA and IB Metal. However, once I filled in the "Missing Avios" form, it was credited to my account.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: UA, BA
Originally Posted by final_call
I also had the same issue with LGW-BCN in Business Class which was IB ticketed on both BA and IB Metal. However, once I filled in the "Missing Avios" form, it was credited to my account.
Just reporting a similar experience - LGW to AGP return in CE, purchased as IB codeshare on BA metal.

No avios/TP posted automatically. Filled in online claim form; claim rejected after 2 days without explanation.

The solution was to PM @BAMissingAvios - flights credited manually same day (excellent customer service). Although I guess the majority that do not read flyertalk would have just given up...
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:12 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
BA codeshare on IB metal - regular claim or partner claim?

I booked (on 125 stock) a BA codeshare on IB metal - how do I retro claim this? I tried doing it as a regular claim but the 125 ticket number is being rejected, and the partner claim form won't let me enter a BA flight number, it just throws me back to the regular claim form....

help!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I booked (on 125 stock) a BA codeshare on IB metal - how do I retro claim this? I tried doing it as a regular claim but the 125 ticket number is being rejected, and the partner claim form won't let me enter a BA flight number, it just throws me back to the regular claim form....

help!
Have you waited the correct period before submitting your claim?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
For complications like this, a telephone call to BAEC is probably the best way forward. You could try Twitter, but I know calling works. There is the BAEC lurker you can contact for this, but it's much better to go through the advertised process first rather than doing an early escalation.
mrow likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Same issue three times. Called up. Apparently you have to get them to input your BA number at check in even if you've already provided online. So pick your poison as to which is the greater pain -- entering at check in or claiming ex post facto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.