Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AV: JFK - EZE J $755 Scattered Dates Mai, April, June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:53 am
Jnb
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

On Avianca, forgot to put in title.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Everyone!
Nice find - great availability in late 2019 (Sept-Dec) too.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:25 am

Every date pair I've tried that shows up at that price reprices to $1300+ when I get to either Avianca or an OTA page
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Any segments with full-flat? I'm only seeing combos with the 319/330 which are standard seats or angle-flat seats.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:31 am
Jnb
Original Poster

Looks like it's gone now.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Any segments with full-flat? I'm only seeing combos with the 319/330 which are standard seats or angle-flat seats.
I was able to get thru BOG on the way down, but it's also repricing for me thru various methods.. still investigating. (on 788)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Tried a bunch of dates but can't get it to price below ~$1400. When I try early August dates, it bumps from JFK to Miami for the departure...is JFK - BOG seasonal?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:47 am

Did anyone actually get this to book? This is the third time I've seen phantom J availability on AV.

Last summer took almost 6 hours to book a $350 RT JFK-CTG in J, but everywhere was repricing me up to $900.. Got it to ticket, then had to cancel it.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:28 am
Jnb
Original Poster

I had it all priced out in Expedia and put my credit card information in but by the time 45min later my SO got back with which dates she can get off work it was gone. But it was live and possible to price out on Expedia etc. for at least 45min to an hour.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Jnb
I had it all priced out in Expedia and put my credit card information in but by the time 45min later my SO got back with which dates she can get off work it was gone. But it was live and possible to price out on Expedia etc. for at least 45min to an hour.
tell me about it... Especially with my username... Couldn't coordinate in time and you snooze you lose...
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:34 am

While doing searches for this deal in GF, I ran into a scenario I've run into before that's maddening, and I wonder if you could give me your insights. I clicked on an outbound date in the calendar that shows $756 and then chose a return with the same price. I saw $756 next to the DONE button in the lower right corner of the calendar window, confirming I'd chosen a good date pair. After I clicked on DONE, it started showing possible flights in descending price order as usual, starting with $756. Cool. Before I could even click on one of the $756 flights, it changed to a significantly higher price. Or, a couple of times I got lucky enough to snag a $756 outbound, but the return was well over $2K (even though I chose a date paring of $756). It happened over and over. This scenario doesn't happen often, but when it does it drives me nuts. Is it just that so many people are going after a deal that GF can't keep up, or what gives?

(Mods, feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum)

Last edited by melrowgo; Jan 21, 2019 at 11:43 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Disappeared before my very eyes, while I was trying to get the best times, best aircraft and least layovers, up she went to $1386.... Going down included TACA, for $755 yes, for $1386, no way Jose.

Originally Posted by Tblack15
Did anyone actually get this to book? This is the third time I've seen phantom J availability on AV.

Last summer took almost 6 hours to book a $350 RT JFK-CTG in J, but everywhere was repricing me up to $900.. Got it to ticket, then had to cancel it.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by melrowgo
While doing searches for this deal in GF, I ran into a scenario I've run into before that's maddening, and I wonder if you could give me your insights. I clicked on an outbound date in the calendar that shows $756 and then chose a return with the same price. I saw $756 next to the DONE button in the lower right corner of the calendar window, confirming I'd chosen a good date pair. After I clicked on DONE, it started showing possible flights in descending price order as usual, starting with $756. Cool. Before I could even click on one of the $756 flights, it changed to a significantly higher price. Or, a couple of times I got lucky enough to snag a $756 outbound, but the return was well over $2K (even though I chose a date paring of $756). It happened over and over. This scenario doesn't happen often, but when it does it drives me nuts. Is it just that so many people are going after a deal that GF can't keep up, or what gives?

(Mods, feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum)
​​​​​​GF isn't real time. It's cached to increase performance. So when error fares pop up, you'll see plenty of people saying "No, it's still available" long after it's dead because they just see those prices on GF. Always click through.

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
Disappeared before my very eyes, while I was trying to get the best times, best aircraft and least layovers, up she went to $1386.... Going down included TACA, for $755 yes, for $1386, no way Jose.
I was pretty quick and was not able to get to a ticket.. I'm asking to see if anyone ACTUALLY got a ticket, and I'm not seeing anyone. I struggle to think that this was even fully bookable.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't $1400 still a great price for JFK-EZE RT in business class? Especially if it's available for December as this is high season in BsAs.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't $1400 still a great price for JFK-EZE RT in business class? Especially if it's available for December as this is high season in BsAs.
Consider that at best you get a recliner seat, and at worst, you get a domestic-US type F seat for segments lasting 5++ hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.