Search

Wrong Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada 50K
Wrong Status

Hi,

I have a question for the group, I choice lower re qualification for this year, as my planned flights were going to fall short of 50k I achieved 45,600 and 9000 dollars too, currently I am only being offered 35k however this was the first day it showed up. Is this just a time delayed thing, or has a mistake been made? If so who do I contact!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Zenon
Hi,

I have a question for the group, I choice lower re qualification for this year, as my planned flights were going to fall short of 50k I achieved 45,600 and 9000 dollars too, currently I am only being offered 35k however this was the first day it showed up. Is this just a time delayed thing, or has a mistake been made? If so who do I contact!
Are you saying you were E50k last year, selected lower requalification, and then got the 45k but AC has only given you E35k selections?

If so, when did you exceed 45,000 AQM? I assume it was late December.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

that is correct like December 29th, had some late flight changes, defiantly delayed things
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:31 am

that is correct like December 29th, had some late flight changes, defiantly delayed things
This is common. AC systems are useless.
Youll get E50k options soon, in the interim picking E35K ones may be beneficial.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:32 am
Original Poster

how so? I am currently 50k, would it replace them? or is this just a chance to get some extra upgrades haha
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Let's put it this way OP - you certainly won't lose anything by doing this. I suppose it's possible you wouldn't have *G status for a couple of weeks while things get sorted but if you don't have any Int'l travel in that time it won't matter.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:50 am

Your current status is good to Feb 28. Those going down a level should not lose it until March 1, and so picking benefits should not lose you anything.

It may however, get you two sets of some benefits. Including but not limited to two packages.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

so if I pick 35k after my INT flight on the weekend my gold status is good till feb 28th and sometime in march they should sort out the mistake and put me back to 50k and ill get to select again and two packages?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:44 pm

so if I pick 35k after my INT flight on the weekend my gold status is good till feb 28th and sometime in march they should sort out the mistake and put me back to 50k and ill get to select again and two packages?
You should not lose *G as it’s valid to end of Feb and they should not downgrade you.

As long as you met the E50k requirements you have a 99.9% chance of getting your E50k options and status before end of Feb.

Picking E35k now may (or may not) result in you getting two packages and sets of options. It depends how on the ball AC (IT) is. If you come out ahead, I suggest not posting about it.

Though I’m pretty sure AC knows about this bug given the number of other posts about it. They either don’t care or can’t be bothered, or are too incompetent to fix it. Possibly all three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.