Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:49 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Milestone Rewards

From Skift: https://skift.com/2018/12/18/world-o...ider-audience/

Chicago-based Hyatt Hotels relaunched its loyalty program as World of Hyatt in March of 2017, and since then the hotel chain has been making fine tweaks every few months. This week, the program announced a change to the way in which it delivers ancillary perks to its elite members.

Called Milestone Rewards, the new schema takes some of the traditional perks that came when earning tiers of elite status and breaks out the rewards into smaller segments earned across a wider window of time. At the Explorist elite tier, for example, which is typically earned after completing 30 qualifying nights, World of Hyatt members used to earn four club lounge access awards for use at participating properties. With Milestone Rewards, however, two of those lounge passes will be delivered at 20 nights while the other two come with Explorist status.

Suite upgrades, too, will now be spread across the tiers. While top Globalist members (earned after 60 nights) used to earn four suite upgrade awards upon reaching that tier, members now earn two upgrades at 50 nights and another two at 60. Full details of the new Milestone Rewards program were published this morning.

Hyatt’s move appears to be targeted at bringing more perks to lower-tier customers and making the benefits of its program attainable to a wider audience. And it may come at a good time in light of challenges that Marriott, it’s largest rival, is facing. Marriott Rewards, the country’s largest hotel loyalty program, has been under intense pressure from its community after a massive breach recently lost the data of over 500 million users. High level elites formerly part of Starwood’s loyalty program and now in the Marriott Rewards’ ranks have also voiced complaints with the way in which the new program is run. Between those two segments, many travelers may see Hyatt’s new Milestone Rewards as just enough incentive to defect away from Marriott.

According to Amy Weinberg, senior vice president of World of Hyatt Loyalty Program, it’s also a result of customer feedback on the current World of Hyatt program – travelers want more perks sooner on their way to their annual travel goals.

The changes to World of Hyatt also aren’t all entirely good for consumers. Along with the changes this week, World of Hyatt is also confirmed that it will raise the re-qualification criteria for top-tier Globalist status from 55 to 60 nights, a nine percent increase year-over-year. That change, however, won’t happen until 2020.

Milestone Rewards is slated for launch on March 1.

Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 18, 2018 at 8:54 am
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:53 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Source: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ts-coming.html
We understand you want more rewards, more often. That’s why we’re excited to bring you Milestone Rewards, starting March 1, 2019, an evolution of member benefits that reward you sooner and more frequently based on milestones you hit as you travel.

Last edited by 59Impala; Dec 18, 2018 at 9:00 am
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:54 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
And some perks taken away ... No more re-qualifying for Glob with 55 nights after next year. Luckily, there will probably be more "get to Glob" with 20 night offers.

"Starting in 2020, all members, including existing Globalists, must complete 60 qualifying nights (including paid and award nights), earn 100,000 Base Points, or hold 20 qualifying meetings/events in a calendar year to qualify or requalify for Globalist status. The previous World of Hyatt benefit that allowed eligible Globalists to requalify for Globalist status with 55 qualifying nights will be closed to new Globalists as of 1/1/19 and discontinued for all members as of 1/1/20."
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:08 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skj
And some perks taken away ... No more re-qualifying for Glob with 55 nights after next year. Luckily, there will probably be more "get to Glob" with 20 night offers.

"Starting in 2020, all members, including existing Globalists, must complete 60 qualifying nights (including paid and award nights), earn 100,000 Base Points, or hold 20 qualifying meetings/events in a calendar year to qualify or requalify for Globalist status. The previous World of Hyatt benefit that allowed eligible Globalists to requalify for Globalist status with 55 qualifying nights will be closed to new Globalists as of 1/1/19 and discontinued for all members as of 1/1/20."
yes that is too bad for many!
I should reach LT GLOB next year, luckily there is no change there as far as I can tell.
Markie and 365RoadWarrior like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:18 am

They just basically made it 55 again because the new CC gives 5 free nights. Honestly no change. They are essentially moving it from 50 where it is now for returning Globs to 55 again.
JackE and uppereastsider like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Has Hyatt fixed their gift card issues? Seems crazy to me to put out a whole bunch of cards if there's still a good chance of them being compromised.
DaveH and Renard like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Rather pointless to let us renew Globalist at 55 nights one last year, when we will need 60 to get the free Cat 7 night and 2 of the TSUs...
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by antonius66
They just basically made it 55 again because the new CC gives 5 free nights. Honestly no change. They are essentially moving it from 50 where it is now for returning Globs to 55 again.
How do I get this credit card you speak of? Oh, that's right. I can't. I'm not a US resident and don't have a social security number. I must be the only one.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:58 am
skj

Originally Posted by antonius66
If you can get the WoH credit card ...
59Impala likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by 59Impala
yes that is too bad for many!
I should reach LT GLOB next year, luckily there is no change there as far as I can tell.
I'm confused. I'm a lifetime Globalist. Will I still get the 4 confirmed suite upgrades on March 1st every year?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:13 am
skj

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I'm confused. I'm a lifetime Globalist. Will I still get the 4 confirmed suite upgrades on March 1st every year?
It looks that way now, but the Lifetime Glob page, https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html, hasn't been updated to reflect these new "milestone" based awards.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by skj

Could folks help me parse this ... Who is a "new Globalist as of 1/1/19"? Who can still qualify as a Globalist during 2019 by reaching 55 nights?

For example: I was once a Hyatt Diamond. That allowed me to be a Hyatt Globalist during 2017. I did not stay enough during 2017 to retain Globalist status. So on 1 March 2018 I ceased being a Globalist. Because during 2018 I stayed at Hyatt more, in early October 2018 I became a Globalist again. Does that make me a "new Globalist"? I really am confused.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Could folks help me parse this ... Who is a "new Globalist as of 1/1/19"? Who can still qualify as a Globalist during 2019 by reaching 55 nights?...
In answer to your second question, any existing Globalist as at Dec, 31 2018.

It would be better written as "as of 1/1/19, any newly qualifying Globalist" will need 60 night the subsequent year to re-qualify for globalist.

So, any who qualify for Globalist this year will need 55 nights to requalify in 2019, but 60 nights in 2020,
Biggie Fries likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 18, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:24 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Originally Posted by skj
It looks that way now, but the Lifetime Glob page, https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html, hasn't been updated to reflect these new "milestone" based awards.
I think so too, no change for LT GLOB, they get 4 every year, that is my understanding, too
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:26 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Could folks help me parse this ... Who is a "new Globalist as of 1/1/19"? Who can still qualify as a Globalist during 2019 by reaching 55 nights?

For example: I was once a Hyatt Diamond. That allowed me to be a Hyatt Globalist during 2017. I did not stay enough during 2017 to retain Globalist status. So on 1 March 2018 I ceased being a Globalist. Because during 2018 I stayed at Hyatt more, in early October 2018 I became a Globalist again. Does that make me a "new Globalist"? I really am confused.
I'd say yes, you will be GLOB until Feb 2020, but you'll need 60 nights next year to requalify for GLOB until Feb 2021
Biggie Fries likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.