Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Washington Post rates AC among the best premium economy cabins in the skies

Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

Seen & noted:

https://nationalpost.com/travel/hand...s-in-the-skies

Air Canada stands out for its extensive network of long-haul and international flights with premium economy seats; find them on all A330s, B777s, and B787s.

Why its better than coach: The perks are standard: up to 3 inches of additional width (depending on aircraft), 7 inches of added legroom, and one bonus inch of recline. Two free checked bags can compensate for some of your ticket cost, as can complimentary wine and spirits. But the real selling point is the almost-ubiquitous availability on routes that cover much of the globe.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Ranked #8 of 8.

(Isn't it the National Post?)
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ranked #8 of 8.
(Isn't it the National Post?)
Yes, the study picked their 8 best airlines.
The article shows a Washington Post byline. The Washington Post article was picked up by the National Post, and many many many other newspapers. The National Post just added their own Canadian-centric headline.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by jerry305
Yes, the study picked their 8 best airlines.
The article shows a Washington Post byline. The Washington Post article was picked up by the National Post, and many many many other newspapers. The National Post just added their own Canadian-centric headline.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:46 pm

I can hear the boarding announcements now.

On the other hand, "We're Number 8!" might not make the cut.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:48 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Interesting that the NP article shows a shot of an AC plane landing (on the runway) at SFO. Must have some stock photos laying around.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Interesting that the NP article shows a shot of an AC plane landing (on the runway) at SFO. Must have some stock photos laying around.
Maybe they should have found a stock photo of an AC plane that actually has a PY cabin.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I can hear the boarding announcements now.

On the other hand, "We're Number 8!" might not make the cut.
I never get why AC makes that announcement. Anyone on the plane is already almost certainly flying AC so why announce it?

Originally Posted by Bohemian1

Let's face it, this article ranks NZ #6 ... Now while I've never flown it, from everything I've read it should be much higher on this list, closer to SQ/CX. It barely mentions food and beverages for this review too.

As for prices, I don't know where to begin. I've never found a $507 round trip YYZ LHR route, but I'm pretty sure that's going to be Basic. Comparing a fare that charges $60 for a single bag vs 2 included?

About the only thing consistent between the reviews is the seat size (it's also wrong, fairly sure AC PY is 2" more recline on at least the 787s), some mention IFE, some don't even mention it, this entire article seems to have been written by 8 different people. Most of whom have apparently only flown PY on at most one airline.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
While I have not flown all these airlines in PE, I question the order of things

SQ's PE feels like an after thought. It felt like they were forced into it and while the product is nice, it is far from amazing.

NZ's PE is the opposite. Dedicated FAs, really good food (plated) and just a warmer environment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.