Wiki Posts
Search

RA/A benefits at Regent hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
RA/A benefits at Regent hotels?

I believe the header is self - explainable. I didn't find anywhere anything if RA benefits are also applicable at Regent hotels and if the spend will be also considered for RA renewal.

If the benefits are not 1:1 comparable, does somebody know what to expect at Regent hotels as an RA?
Tim O'Brien likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by boekel
I believe the header is self - explainable. I didn't find anywhere anything if RA benefits are also applicable at Regent hotels and if the spend will be also considered for RA renewal.

If the benefits are not 1:1 comparable, does somebody know what to expect at Regent hotels as an RA?
I don't think you get points for spend or nights stayed credit at Regent yet, let alone any Rewards/Ambassador benefits.

I think the IHG website just displays Regent in returned search results list, and if you select you leave IHG site and go to Regent url
boekel likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:05 am

Why would another "brand" honor the Intercontinental brand's own loyalty program?

If you want RA/A benefits and credit, then stay at Intercontinental Hotels. Not HI, Indigo, Conrad, Waldorf, Blue, W or Motel 6.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
To be fair an RA staying at a HI or Indigo will get looked after by being a Spire, so as IHG now own Regent it is not such a strange question thunderlunge! I suspect it will take a while before they integrate Regent into Priority club in some way
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:02 pm

Looked after, sure. But not direct benefits as you would at an IC.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Why would another "brand" honor the Intercontinental brand's own loyalty program?

If you want RA/A benefits and credit, then stay at Intercontinental Hotels. Not HI, Indigo, Conrad, Waldorf, Blue, W or Motel 6.
did you read the announcement IHG's acquisition of Regent and the planned rebranding of the IC HKG to a Regent after the renovation So, it wouldn't be complete nonsense as you might indicate with your answer.
marcel.baden likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It would make sense for Ambassador to cover both brands as IC could well be split with Regent getting the resorts, leaving IC as ‘luxury business’ and Regent (plus Belmond rebranded?) as ‘luxury leisure’.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:18 pm

did you read the announcement IHG's acquisition of Regent and the planned rebranding of the IC HKG to a Regent after the renovation So, it wouldn't be complete nonsense as you might indicate with your answer.
Today, yes it would. So what if they rebrand it? It wouldn’t be an IC any longer.

At some point they may expand ambassador to another of their brands, but until that time expectations should be kept reasonable. If a hotel outside of the IC brand does a little something to take care of an ambassador member, fine. But it isn‘t something that should be expected outside of an IC property.

Same thing for Kimpton. Ohhh! Maybe they’ll honor inner circle there too!

No, they won’t. Nor should they. If there is additional overall IHG status afforded by a brand-specific program, then by all means they should honor that IHG level.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thunderlounge

Exactly. I am sure there are no shortage of CPs, Indigos, HIs etc. that are fed up with guests enquiring about their "Ambassador benefits".

I've never really understand why IHG thinks that the distinction between IC and the rest is a good thing...
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
many Ambassadors are impacted by the limited footprint the Intercon brand provides, and whilst i expect the history of ownership of the Intercon brand, and the desire by IHG to differentiate it by way of status, prestige etc, all good old Anglo values, to be in part why they have remained with the exclusive Ambassador IC nexus, it would be warmly welcomed i imagine by at least one stakeholder group, the Ambassador customer group, as presumably reasonable numbers would enjoy being eligible for Ambassador benefits staying at Regent, Kimpton, Crowne, and even Indigo properties, and make the most of the extended footprint. I can't see any overt downside for shareholders, i would think they would recognise, and enjoy the currently missed revenue of Ambassadors that stay with other brands when in many locations that don't have an IC., and i can't see why IC owners couldn't be convinced of the cross marketing benefits, and increased business from a broader customer base, but suspect if there is resistance, it may be there re protection of their "exclusive" brand, but surely they can see what Marriott has done recently with the Ritz brand, and the lesser brands of Marriott, and Starwood.
Atacama40 and submonte like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:28 am
Original Poster

when I see that the purpose of Regent was to lift IC into a higher luxury category, I believe it would make perfectly sense to include this few hotels into the ambassador program, hence my question.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Anyone have any info on when Regent will be fully incorporated in the IHG loyalty Program?

When you try to book a stay go get the following warning, which implies it will happen at some point.

"Please note that Regent Hotels & Resorts are not yet included in the IHG® Rewards Club program."
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
when I see that the purpose of Regent was to lift IC into a higher luxury category, I believe it would make perfectly sense to include this few hotels into the ambassador program, hence my question.
I thought Regent would be the flagship brand of IHG, if I look at Regent Berlin (Look on the homepage: "The best 5 star luxury hotel in Berlin"). That brand could be a kind of IHG´s Ritz Carlton, St. Regis or Waldorf-Astoria. To lift all IC´s to that category would be difficult I guess. As well I understood there would be more Regents in future, why should they have aquired the brand, for a handful of hotels?
boekel likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by submonte
I thought Regent would be the flagship brand of IHG, if I look at Regent Berlin (Look on the homepage: "The best 5 star luxury hotel in Berlin"). That brand could be a kind of IHG´s Ritz Carlton, St. Regis or Waldorf-Astoria. To lift all IC´s to that category would be difficult I guess. As well I understood there would be more Regents in future, why should they have aquired the brand, for a handful of hotels?
exactly. but then not including them into the Ambassador programme doesn't make too much sense in my opinion. But thats just my two cents
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
My 2cents is Kimpton and Regent will be rolled into Ambassador in one way or another.

Merge inner circle with RA.

The recent RA challenge emails people have received have required a 1 night stay at Kimpton...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.