Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: About not available for changing seats and meals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: About not available for changing seats and meals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:13 pm
J87
Original Poster

About not available for changing seats and meals

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone knows that AirCanada can block the “booking reference” account, which makes me being not available to selet eUpgrade or changing seats with code 8504?

And another question about meals on the flights. As I am going to take a 16 hours flight, and they told me that my 1.5 years old kid won’t have any meals on the flights as he got the infant ticket, is it ture? (I chose CX once and they did provide meals for the infants and allowed to change it into Kid meals).

Also, it is common that AC likes to ignore the email of customers who need help/ complaints?

TIA.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:15 am

Welcome to FT. Lap infants won't get a meal. In some instances depending on load and crew they might offer one for your child. I've had it both ways, YHZ-LHR for our son they were kind enough to provide a meal. However, more recently on YUL-FRA they would not provide a meal for our daughter.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:01 am
J87
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mbritter
Welcome to FT. Lap infants won't get a meal. In some instances depending on load and crew they might offer one for your child. I've had it both ways, YHZ-LHR for our son they were kind enough to provide a meal. However, more recently on YUL-FRA they would not provide a meal for our daughter.
Thanks for your reply. So what did you bring for your daughter as they didn’t serve her a meal? And they don’t give me a bulkhead seat... feeling hard to deal with the kid and may bother the other passengers. Feeling so stressed for this flight by AirCanada.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:48 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Welcome to FT!

Originally Posted by J87
Wondering if anyone knows that AirCanada can block the “booking reference” account, which makes me being not available to selet eUpgrade or changing seats with code 8504?
Can you explain what you mean by "blocking" the booking reference (also known as "PNR")? Are you unable to access the booking at all when you enter your PNR and last name on the AC website? If so, did you book through another airline, or using an online travel agent, and maybe this is their PNR rather than AC's? In that case, you would need to ask whoever you booked with to give you the AC PNR.

If you are actually able to access your booking, can you give us more info on the problems? Do you have any status with AC? You need to be an elite member of AC's Altitude program in order to have access to eUpgrades.

As for seat selection, the rules differ depending on the fare. If you could share more information, we would be better able to help you. Although seat selection is also something that you should easily be able to do over the phone.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:53 am
J87
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Welcome to FT!

Can you explain what you mean by "blocking" the booking reference (also known as "PNR")? Are you unable to access the booking at all when you enter your PNR and last name on the AC website? If so, did you book through another airline, or using an online travel agent, and maybe this is their PNR rather than AC's? In that case, you would need to ask whoever you booked with to give you the AC PNR.

If you are actually able to access your booking, can you give us more info on the problems? Do you have any status with AC? You need to be an elite member of AC's Altitude program in order to have access to eUpgrades.

As for seat selection, the rules differ depending on the fare. If you could share more information, we would be better able to help you. Although seat selection is also something that you should easily be able to do over the phone.
I mean they don’t let me to see the site map or click on eUpgrades for further option, after I login my account with thte ref and last name.

It is really hard to contact AC on phone.. it said I have to wait for 2 hours in order to get the agent pick up the call.

I bought the tickets through AC website directly.

Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by J87
I mean they don’t let me to see the site map or click on eUpgrades for further option, after I login my account with thte ref and last name.

It is really hard to contact AC on phone.. it said I have to wait for 2 hours in order to get the agent pick up the call.

I bought the tickets through AC website directly.
Sometimes those links don't work. You can always request an eUpgrade directly through the eUp site.

For seat selection, check out this thread.

As for the phone hold times, I'm confused. If you have any elite status, the wait will be much shorter. If you don't have elite status, yes, the long wait time sucks, but then I don't understand your concern about eUpgrades...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
I could be completely wrong but I think what OP means is that the eupgrade and seat selection options are greyed out and therefore not available to click through. Could it also be OP, that you are booked on a basic fare that doesn't allow for eupgrades irrespective of status? Not sure if there are 16 hour itineraries that are sold as basic fares but I have only ever taken one flight in basic so my knowledge on this is limited.
The seat selection option is sometimes 'blocked' even when you book directly on the website. I have found this to be the case usually while using a promo/discount code. The more experienced posters here may have a better idea of that aspect of AC IT.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Indiavictorcharlie
The seat selection option is sometimes 'blocked' even when you book directly on the website. I have found this to be the case usually while using a promo/discount code. The more experienced posters here may have a better idea of that aspect of AC IT.
It can be greyed out on any fare initially, but eventually appear a bit later. I have experienced this on P fares.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K; SQ KF Elite Gold; AS MVP 75k; DL Plat.; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Gold;
Originally Posted by Stranger
It can be greyed out on any fare initially, but eventually appear a bit later. I have experienced this on P fares.
Oh, didn't know that. I've also always experienced this with P fares! I usually end up calling in and getting my seats selected right away but now that I've learned this I might wait a bit when this happens next. Thanks @Stranger ^
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:01 am
J87
Original Poster

I could be completely wrong but I think what OP means is that the eupgrade and seat selection options are greyed out and therefore not available to click through. Could it also be OP, that you are booked on a basic fare that doesn't allow for eupgrades irrespective of status? Not sure if there are 16 hour itineraries that are sold as basic fares but I have only ever taken one flight in basic so my knowledge on this is limited.
I can click into the seat change but can’t go further to the seat map.

yes, the eUpgrades is being grey.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:02 am

I could be completely wrong but I think what OP means is that the eupgrade and seat selection options are greyed out and therefore not available to click through.
Yes, this became clear after I asked OP for clarification.

Originally Posted by J87

I can click into the seat change but can’t go further to the seat map.

yes, the eUpgrades is being grey.
I've explained solutions to these issues in post #6 above.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Sometimes those links don't work. You can always request an eUpgrade directly through the eUp site.

For seat selection, check out this thread.

As for the phone hold times, I'm confused. If you have any elite status, the wait will be much shorter. If you don't have elite status, yes, the long wait time sucks, but then I don't understand your concern about eUpgrades...
@J87

@Adam Smith mentions possible solutions above. Have you tried them and if so, can you request your eUpgrade and seat change?

Also, as per Adam Smith, do you have any status? If not, then are you a Super Elite's eUpgrade nominee? As a nominee, AFAIK, the request still has to be made through the eUpgrade owner's account, not yours.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue
If OP has a lap infant attached to the PNR, this is probably the reason why eupgrade and seat selections are not available. I find this is quite common. OLC may even be not an option
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by djskynet
If OP has a lap infant attached to the PNR, this is probably the reason why eupgrade and seat selections are not available.
Regardless, the workarounds suggested above should work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.