Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40 Minute Connection via MUC & Where to Sit on A380 BIZ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

40 Minute Connection via MUC & Where to Sit on A380 BIZ

I just booked a ticket from SFO-MUC-Paris CDG with a 40 minute connection in business class. What are the chances I make this connection? Also, where would someone recommend to sit on an A380? Bigger biz class or smaller biz class back in the plane?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
I just booked a ticket from SFO-MUC-Paris CDG with a 40 minute connection in business class. What are the chances I make this connection? Also, where would someone recommend to sit on an A380? Bigger biz class or smaller biz class back in the plane?
While 40 minutes is ok in MUC, you will always benefit from a seat in the front, closer to the door with such a relatively tight connection. Otherwise pick a window if you want a view (for the part of the flight that has daylight) or a seat in the middle if you don’t want to worry about people stepping over you while you sleep.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I just booked a ticket from SFO-MUC-Paris CDG with a 40 minute connection in business class. What are the chances I make this connection?
Extremely high - there is nothing to worry about. Besides there are plenty of flights to CDG so you will be rebooked and just slightly delayed.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Take a seat in row 3 or 4 (or somewhere else in the front) and you will be fine, if your flight is not delayed.

Would not not recommend such a short connection in the other direction, but given that CDG is well-served by the LH group, there is very little to worry about concerning your itinerary.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Ideally I find that this can't be possible and I understand LH will rebook me, but I really don't want to get into Paris around Midnight when I have a chance around 7PM. As for seating I am in the fifth row upstairs. On the A380 plane its all upstairs so I picked the fifth row. Its a night flight departing SFO around 10PM local time. I just want to sleep basically. Just MLK Holiday weekend stuff isn't reasonable and well this route was a mileage saver award via UA partner Airlines.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:33 pm

If the plane is on time or a few minutes later then all will be OK, 40 minutes is enough in MUC. If you will have a delay then LH will rebook you for the next flight.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: LX SEN
Thanks. Ideally I find that this can't be possible and I understand LH will rebook me, but I really don't want to get into Paris around Midnight when I have a chance around 7PM. As for seating I am in the fifth row upstairs. On the A380 plane its all upstairs so I picked the fifth row. Its a night flight departing SFO around 10PM local time. I just want to sleep basically. Just MLK Holiday weekend stuff isn't reasonable and well this route was a mileage saver award via UA partner Airlines.
You will be fine. I would avoid the bulhead because of the proximity with the lavs, but as long as you are a few rows away, you will be fine. Window seats have good storage space between the window and the seat, but you have to be able to walk over your fellow passenger to leave your place.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:04 pm

I took the SFO-MUC flight this summer and it is quite convenient to get a decent sleep and arrive refreshed in MUC. If you wish to skip dinner on the flight, you can visit the SFO Polaris lounge for sit-in dining, nice cocktail or two and then go to bed right after take-off. The mattress pad and pillow will already be available at your seat.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hi, I had also a 40min connection time coming in from Berlin last Sunday and then connected to non-schengen (London) - we came in 15min late and made it (and this included a transfer from the K satellite gates to the H gates in the main terminal incl. passport control). I have seen pax who got picked up at the gate and they drove them to their connection (I don't think they were HON's).

Fair to say, if there is one airport in Europe where you can make it, then its T2 (I am originally from Bavaria so might be biased but for me the best airport terminal in the world).

We also had time to stop at the Duty Free and buy some Gluehwein
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...ad-merged.html

A380 Business Class Experience [merged]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.