Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

International First Award on MU in search

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold

It was understanding that International First wasn't bookable with Skymiles. In a search I ran today, I saw an unusual award ticket amount. When I clicked through it showed the PVG-LAX in International First. Is this a glitch? A policy change?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This has been brought up once or twice. Seems DL is offering IFC on MU for awards. Note that while I lile the seat, the increased mileage is not worth it. Meals are same as in J.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Interesting. Thank you for the information. I’m surprised that the meal is the same as in J. I don’t mind the food on MU in J, but would’ve expected better in IFC.
jfadool likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:19 am

I noticed the F availability on MU as well . My concern is that booking this option might lead to a “downgrade”. Anyone actually booked the F and flown it ?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:25 am
Original Poster

I’d hope that in the event of a downgrade, the difference in miles would be refunded - it’s a 165K difference which as flyerCO says is not good value for miles...
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
I’d hope that in the event of a downgrade, the difference in miles would be refunded - it’s a 165K difference which as flyerCO says is not good value for miles...
You can find J on MU for ~100K SkyMiles?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
So, MU First comes up in Delta award searches. Has anybody actually been able to ticket MU F in a Delta award recently?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
So, MU First comes up in Delta award searches. Has anybody actually been able to ticket MU F in a Delta award recently?
Hopefully no one is dumb enough to pay that amount to begin with. AF First it is not. (Which can't be booked)
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
You can find J on MU for ~100K SkyMiles?
85K, actually. Japan - PVG -US as well...O/W...

Last edited by DeltaFan4Now; Nov 18, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I've ticketed CZ F from PEK-CAN as part of a larger partner itinerary (the rest of which was in J) previously. I was not able to fly it because of misconnecting, lack of visa, and it being operated by the equipment that had F class 1x/day.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I've ticketed CZ F from PEK-CAN as part of a larger partner itinerary (the rest of which was in J) previously. I was not able to fly it because of misconnecting, lack of visa, and it being operated by the equipment that had F class 1x/day.
You say as a partner itinerary. Was it booked using DL Skymiles?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You say as a partner itinerary. Was it booked using DL Skymiles?
Yes. And ticketed on 006.

By larger partner itinerary I meant all but 1 of the flights on the rez were partners

CZ let me pick seats in either row 1 or 2
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Interesting. Thank you for the information. I’m surprised that the meal is the same as in J. I don’t mind the food on MU in J, but would’ve expected better in IFC.
Is it the same champagne and wine too as MU business class?

Also, I always thought that there was a SkyTeam rule saying no IFC award tickets using miles of a partner that doesn't offer IFC, although this is usually discussed as a explanation why we can't get AF (and KE) award tickets in IFC.

BTW, are most MU aircraft configured so that one must take IFC to get 100% direct aisle access, as is the case on KE planes?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it the same champagne and wine too as MU business class?

Also, I always thought that there was a SkyTeam rule saying no IFC award tickets using miles of a partner that doesn't offer IFC, although this is usually discussed as a explanation why we can't get AF (and KE) award tickets in IFC.

BTW, are most MU aircraft configured so that one must take IFC to get 100% direct aisle access, as is the case on KE planes?
MU has brand new 777s. J is standard CX/CI/AA or DL A330 J type seating. All aisle and large cabin.

FB requires elite status to book AF IFC award.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
I’ve booked and flown CZ F this year using SkyMiles. No issues, aside from the catering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.