Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
A Must-Stay in Classic

InterContinental Mark Hopkins

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

1 Nob Hill San Francisco, CA US 94108

A Must-Stay in Classic (2 Photos)

If you're looking for modern hotel with exclusive amenities, this isn't it.

But it is charming, and they recognise IHG status more than many InterContinental hotels.

As you can see, it is right in the middle of things!

1_IMG_0491.JPG

Check In

If you're driving, I'd recommend you park either at Crocker Garage or Grace Cathedral Garage, both are just over the street and the parking rates are significantly lower.

We were recognised instantly as Platinum IHG members and much to my surprise, we were upgraded to a corner room. Our host asked if we were celebrating an occasion which we were, my wife's brithday. He wished us well and sent us on our way, I had no hint that I would be getting any additional treatment.

Room

Our Corner room was beautiful, with windows looking out over the north and East sides of San Fran. Being the city that it is though, the views only lasted around an hour before the fog settled in for the night.

The minibar, bathroom amenities and robes are all what you would expect from a premium IC hotel. 

The bedding in particular had a very luxurious feel, everything was feather down which mioght be problematic if you have allergies, but they can arrange for this to change. The tech in the room (TV and Clock/radio) were both circa 2008. 

Service

Not long after we got to our room, we received a phonecall. Guest relations apologised that they couldn't offer us a club room (we didn't even ask!) but that they would like to offer us club access. This was a great deal, and i'll tell you more about it in the dining section below.

Once we had finished in the club lounge, we returned to our room to find a bottle of Moet on ice with two champagne saucers, coupled with a card from hotel management for my wife's birthday. This was a great touch; one I had not solicited at all.

IMG_0515 2.jpg

Dining

We only ate and drank in the club lounge. This is part of the restaurant in the lobby with a special space marked off for club members. It doesn't have the most exclusive feel to it. 

Whilst the food in the evening was quite limited, the drinks selection was great. They even poured Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir, an impressively high quality wine for a lounge. You won't be able to eat your fill here as it is mostly mini pastries.

In the morning we used our IHG Platinum complimentary drinks to have champagne with breakfast. The lounge breakfast was great, although I do not like having televisions in dining rooms, and certainly not as the centrepiece of the area, which it was.

Probably one of the best locations in the city. It is central, you can get a trolley just outside the hotel if you're doing the tourist thing.

It takes about 25 minutes to get here from SFO if traffic is reasonable.

A Must-Stay in Classic

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Mark Hopkins?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.