Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New AC Listens Survey - Oct 2018 - International Business Class Amenity Kits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE

Maybe AC is looking to introduce pyjamas for their International Business Class service? Survey was about the amenity kit, but the last question was how likely would you be to use pyjamas if provided by AC.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My thought also. Pjamas would be OK I guess. Seems LH has introduced them on US West coast to Germany. Not sure if YVR is included. I considered flying them on the route but even their 359 seating does not look that great if by oneself.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I love the Polaris PJs. Have 4 sets already and looking forward to picking up some more. Yes I would use them provided they fit.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
I would love to see them introduce more than one version of the amenity kit even if the content is the same. It could be event or promotion-related, e.g. Olympics.

What about "Go Canada!" olympics-themed socks?

And yes to the dress pyjamas in ultra-long haul flights!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Does PJ service result in J lines for the lav, and when do you change
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I dislike the current amenity kit:
1. toothbrush is flimsy.
2. bring back proper lip balm.
--
13F
HampsteadHeath likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Domestic kit: in a word "cheap"
International kit: "less cheap than the domestic one"

Probably the most used item are the socks so you can go to the toilets without having to put your shoes back on..

Last edited by james dean; Oct 16, 2018 at 4:28 pm Reason: additional info
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
The amenity kits are wasteful. Much of the contents are left behind, unused. The bags themselves end up in the trash. The concept should be reconsidered. Use recyclable paper or biodegradable cotton, or a reusable bag to hold the contents, and load only vital items with as little packaging as possible. I used to like these kits, but then suddenly I amassed 25 , then 50, and as much as I gave them away, I still had them. I donate them to homeless shelters and give them to the support staff at work. No one wants the crappy polyester socks.

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I love the Polaris PJs. Have 4 sets already and looking forward to picking up some more. Yes I would use them provided they fit.
I don't think too many people are interested in the PJs. Initially I was, but the styling of TG and BR just didn't appeal to me. I wore those styles when I was 8 years old. I avoid United, so I can't comment on United's variant.

Based upon AC's treatment of the slippers, I would expect only the worst and cheapest quality product. I use airline slippers as an indication of what to expect. Compare the quality of footwear between the comfortable NH or BR type with the flimsy AC product. Even China Eastern has a better slipper and China Eastern gives them on short international flights.

One of the issues people have with airline pajamas is that some versions are heavy on man made fabrics and are not necessarily clean. These garments usually come out of sweat shops where hygiene is not a priority. The pajamas should be thoroughly washed before use because there can be an excess of irritating dyes, or pesticide/fungicide residue. Just because the PJs come in a plastic bag doesn't mean they are clean.

Originally Posted by james dean
Domestic kit: in a word "cheap"
International kit: "less cheap than the domestic one"
Probably the most used item are the socks so you can go to the toilets without having to put your shoes back on..
Is that really a good idea, considering the fact that on many routes, pax pee everywhere but in the toilet . The floors of the lav are often slick and wet. I do use the airline slippers to putter around my hotel because many hotel slippers are either too small or of even cheaper quality than AC's slippers.
karachi, imverge, pilot007 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Under the blanket.

Did you miss the thread about someone taking off her bra at her seat?
fairhsa and YVRYEGYVR like this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
The amenity kits are wasteful. Much of the contents are left behind, unused. The bags themselves end up in the trash. The concept should be reconsidered. Use recyclable paper or biodegradable cotton, or a reusable bag to hold the contents...
LH switched over in either August or September to handing out reusable bags in PY. Does anyone else do this?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
I would love to see them introduce more than one version of the amenity kit even if the content is the same. It could be event or promotion-related, e.g. Olympics.
AC actually did do this concept in the mid 2000s where the pouches changed design (same supplier - Deserving Thyme, IIRC) every six months and kept the exact same contents. The pouches were different colour and different shape each time. They were one of the more popular series that even had a shoehorn and fancier (if you will) amenities.
monsieurcumulus likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
I always change into PJ's on any long haul. If I am on a decent airline which provides them - good, if not
I will bring my own from a previous flight.
I always change into them immediately on boarding, prior to take-off; and change back after final meal,
about 1 hour prior to landing.
The oversized OZ A380 lavs are best, the AC ones can be cramped.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I always change into PJ's on any long haul. If I am on a decent airline which provides them - good, if not
I will bring my own from a previous flight.
I always change into them immediately on boarding, prior to take-off; and change back after final meal,
about 1 hour prior to landing.
Ditto- same routine- but I change into shorts and t-shirt- not airline PJs.

I doubt i would use airline PJs- i have a pair of LH ones from a F flight, but have never worn them.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I donate them to homeless shelters.
I do the same.

Based upon AC's treatment of the slippers, I would expect only the worst and cheapest quality product. I use airline slippers as an indication of what to expect. Compare the quality of footwear between the comfortable NH or BR type with the flimsy AC product. Even China Eastern has a better slipper and China Eastern gives them on short international flights.
I like the AC slippers better than NH, BR or OZ. I find all of their slippers to be too small. And I am only a size 10 shoe.

I agree they are not the best quality, but fine for the purpose on the flight.

I pick up extra AC slippers and use them on AC transcon flights.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I don't care much for pyjamas, but I wouldn't mind AC bringing the shoehorn back into their kits. The ones they had a long time ago were really high quality and really handy mid/end-flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.