Search

Hilton Garden Inn Puchong {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Puchong {MYS}

Just completed a stay here- uninspiring, though a typical HGI experience, reminds me of the mercure at Bugis in Singapore for some reason. Near cyberjaya- the mall in the building is dead and has little food options apart from the restaurant on the property.
Not cheap and definitely not a great value!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Friendly staff, usual HGI service level

Hilton Garden Inn Puchong

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Jalan DM2, Desa Millennia Puchong, Selangor MY 47150

Friendly staff, usual HGI service level (7 Photos)

The hotel is located in Puchong (Puchong Perdana to be exact).  There is a MRT station about 10 mins walk from the hotel and a small town area within 5 mins walk of the hotel.  The town area has about 2-3 streets of shops and places for food.  The hotel itself is located above a mall (Parkson) - which contains a supermarket and the usual clothes and household departments.  I believe the hotel does provide complimentary shuttle services to nearby areas - but am not sure where/how far since I did not need them so I did not enquire about them.  I would say it would be OK to use the hotel as a base for exploration of KL as the MRT line does take you down to the centre of KL without the frustration of traffic (which is normally quite bad).

Check In

Arrived late in the evening and was thus helped immediately and since I've already done an e-checkin, only my payment method was requested and deposit taken.  As expected, no upgrades given to Elite members at HGI properties.  Did try and ask for a room facing the lake, but even those rooms were not available with twin beds.  I was off to my room within 10 mins of arrival.  Access to the rooms requires a key card at the lift to activate the floors.

hgi_lobby.jpghgi_lobby2.jpg

Room

The room was spacious and still look fresh.  There was a nice view of the Puchong area and further afar a view of the Petronas Twin Towers.  The room was equipped with a writing desk at the corner and fixed luggage rack next to the wardrobe.  Lights and airconditioning was activtaed by a motion sensor.  

For me the room was well lit and the air conditioning system worked ok - not too loud even at the highest fan setting which was good.  Although it seemed to have been locked that you can't adjust it lower than 20 C - which was ok as the room did cool down.  

Internet speed was sufficient (no premium internet option) and there was quite a large TV with quite a number of channels - both local and international.  One small but essential amenity was the availability of international plugs - which was well placed and available througout the room including some USB type plugs.  A big kudos here for the hotel to include them as these are items that are always missed even in big cities around the world.

There is also tea/coffee making facilities provided, an empty fridge, disposal room slippers and a safe.  Only small problem found was the safe which only 40% of the digits seemed to be working, the rest were non-functional.  The other small problem was the in-room clock - seemed to be non-functional - though the USB plugs on the clock did work as expected..  

Bathroom size was ok - might be a tight squeeze if two person was in the are at the same time.  The walk-in shower area was sufficiently sized with a good pressure and temperature control.  Toiletries were of the current Crabtree&Evelyn Verbana range.  There was only a small issue with the plumbing of the sink - it leaked water frequently at the pipes under the sink which I had to most of the time tighten it to minimize it.  

hgi_room1.jpghgi_room2.jpghgi_room3.jpg

Breakfast

I opted as my elite benefit for the breakfast.  This was served in the main dining area located on the same floor as the lobby.  Breakfast spread was quite good for an HGI - there was a mix of local/Asian and Western options.  One good point is that they do take the effort to have at least 2-3 different dish every day.  Quality and taste was good.  What I noticed was that during the week days, the staff managed to replenish the food well.  However during the weekends/crowded, it did take them some time to replenish and things did get a bit hectic for the crew.   From my observation it seems not every one working behind the kitchen knew their role or seemed to have just joined the team or a trainee. 

hgi_dining.jpghgi_dining2.jpg

Service

Service in general was good - all staff were friendly.  One of the outstanding staff which seemed to stick up slightly up above the rest was Kevin - working at the front desk.  Seems to know quite a lot and competent in getting requests done fast and efficient.  

Amenities

There is a pool which looks big enough for a couple of laps and a kids pool.  Parking is complimentary - they do have 2 spaces reserved for HHonors highest elite members - but I am not sure how they are controlled.  Did not bother to ask as there is ample parking spaces close to the entrance.  Another parking option (although limited spaces) is at the main entrance where you can take the lift to the lobby (located on the 6th floor).

There is also a business centre and some meeting rooms available.

Overall

All in all, the hotel is good and even though not located at a prime location, it has all the necessary facilities nearby to cater to the different type of guests.  I would say like the HGI at downtown KL, Tunku Abdul Rahman property, this property is very good value.  Staff are friendly and rooms are clean and modern.   Will stay here again if I need to be in the area.

Friendly staff, usual HGI service level

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn Puchong?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:16 am

Hi,

I had another stay here at this property recently. There are some changes from my last stay, mainly
- the breakfast room has been slightly rearranged. They have now an area reserved for Hilton Honors members (from basic to Diamond) - this is quite similar to what the Hilton Petaling Jaya does. The reason for this I believe is because the hotel is now also taking in quite a number of tourist groups, so to ensure tables are available for non-group guests, they have made such a setup. On days when there are large groups, they will reserve in this section your table via your room number. This ia quite a positive step
- the attached mall/department store and food court area is permanently closed. Not sure what will come next.
- breakfast offerings seems to have somewhat been reduced in choices - especially now when they serve the 'nasi lemak' dish - there's no chicken curry with it. There was a morning that there was a guests also complaining loudly about the missing boiled eggs - accusing the hotel of hidding them from preventing people from taking them. I have no idea what the background is or what happened next - but indeed when I tried to get some to accompany my nasi lemak - there was none.
- noticed this time around that later in the afternoon, they have some fingerfood and cold sweet drinks available close to the front desk. Never really noticed this in my last couple of stays

Other than that - still a solid hotel especially from value point of view and staff are still friendly. Although there used to be a staff, Kevin, that was really friendly did not see him during my duration - not sure if he left the hotel or on vacation/days off. However plenty of the other staff there whom are still outstanding.

Cheers!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Its sad that the mall is gone and the whole area feels dessertred. Why anyone wud stay there beats me.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Is there Grab or a Taxi availible for the way back to Airport?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by denkigroove
Is there Grab or a Taxi availible for the way back to Airport?
Yes I would say (I've never used either), but of course if you want to save, you can ask them to shuttle you to the metro station and grab it down to KL Sentral to grab the train or bus to the airport. (I believe another cheaper alternative is to ask them to shuttle you to Sunway Pyramid and from there grab a bus to the airport - this is what I believe I've see of the airport bus).
Cheers!
denkigroove likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

There is an hourly bus service to KLIA from LRT station Putra Heights, which is only 2-3 stations from the LRT station near to the hotel. Going back to KL Sentral is not viable. Grab is RM 65+ toll.
one could also take a grab to Putrajaya sentral and train it.
denkigroove likes this.

Last edited by ashkale; Jul 31, 2019 at 9:21 am
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Any recent experience with the hotel?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:00 pm

Hi

Yes, in my last 2 trips to Malaysia, I stayed at this property both times. The last one, just in Jan this year, the hotel is more or less the same standard as before the pandemic. Service level are still good with friendly staff and breakfast spread and quaity more or less the same.
As for Elite recognition - still good, my last stay, they upgraded me to a deluxe room - only difference seems to be that in this you have a bath tub.

As for the building itself - did not see much changes, except that the parking area has been taken over what seems like an car dealer for luxury cars. The only "enhancement" I noticed was that the 2 Diamond member sign has been replaced (with a piece of paper) with car number plates or management (something in those lines).

For something simple and clean - it is still a very good value for money property.

Cheers!
Old Jan 27, 2023, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks a lot!

Do you know if there is still a shuttle to the surrounding area?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Thanks a lot!

Do you know if there is still a shuttle to the surrounding area?
Sorry I am not sure, since I don't use the facility. If I remember correctly, previously they did have a shuttle info board at the front desk, but thinking about it, I don't remember seeing it during my past 2 visit.
I did on one occasion while driving out, see 2 foreigners walking towards the station. (I am assuming that they are hotel guest).

Cheers!
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Sorry I am not sure, since I don't use the facility. If I remember correctly, previously they did have a shuttle info board at the front desk, but thinking about it, I don't remember seeing it during my past 2 visit.
I did on one occasion while driving out, see 2 foreigners walking towards the station. (I am assuming that they are hotel guest).

Cheers!
I was thinking that you must be driving when you were there. Was it bad to drive in KL? My friend drove me around and she was swearing in Malay while she was driving...

I drove from JB to Desaru and it was ok.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I was thinking that you must be driving when you were there. Was it bad to drive in KL? My friend drove me around and she was swearing in Malay while she was driving...

I drove from JB to Desaru and it was ok.
nacho sorry I didn't get any notification of this - so only seeing it now But yes, I did drive in KL and I did not find it too difficult, I have driven in much worst cities in Africa/Asia.

I am curious - is this property going to close after Feb 2024? I was planning out again a trip to Malaysia and was looking at this property as my base in the Klang Valley area and noticed that from 13 feb onwards, there's no availbaility anymore for the next months. (It can't be related to being too far forward in the calender).
I would not be surprised if it closes as the original mall was dead, and not much around the area - however during all my past stays, the hotel was always quite full.. If no one knows, I might ask when I am the property in a months time.

Cheers!
Old Nov 7, 2023, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
nacho sorry I didn't get any notification of this - so only seeing it now But yes, I did drive in KL and I did not find it too difficult, I have driven in much worst cities in Africa/Asia.

I am curious - is this property going to close after Feb 2024? I was planning out again a trip to Malaysia and was looking at this property as my base in the Klang Valley area and noticed that from 13 feb onwards, there's no availbaility anymore for the next months. (It can't be related to being too far forward in the calender).
I would not be surprised if it closes as the original mall was dead, and not much around the area - however during all my past stays, the hotel was always quite full.. If no one knows, I might ask when I am the property in a months time.

Cheers!
I was thinking about that, I have just sent an email to the GM.

I did rent a car and drove around KL, I even drove to KLCC
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a reply from the GM:

He said reservations are taken earliest 3 months in advance.

He didn't mention anything about the hotel closing or anything like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.