Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Aeroplan slower to list flights? Can't find AP award availability AGP to YYZ Feb/Mar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Aeroplan slower to list flights? Can't find AP award availability AGP to YYZ Feb/Mar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Aeroplan slower to list flights? Can't find AP award availability AGP to YYZ Feb/Mar

I travel to Spain every Feb 1st & back to Ontario the end of March.
By now I usually have my flights booked through AP (2 separate flights - BUS Class from Toronto to Europe & Europe to Toronto)
I have my flight booked to Spain for departure on Jan 31st but when I review flights on AP to return there are only the LONG flights with an overnight in some European city. Is there some reason that the (usual) shorter flights are not showing up in AP yet?? This is happening with Bus Class & Econ.
Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: AC 75K
It's not that they haven't shown up yet. It's either there isn't availability, or these flights are part of the technical issues talked here (not sure if they have all been resolved). Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

Have you seen these flights available searching by another program or on ExpertFlyer, but they just aren't showing up on Aeroplan?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

I've not searched other sites (not sure where to search...) Joined the free ExpertFlyer but it looks like you have to have Premium membership to check flight availability ? I gather the "issues" with AP will be ongoing - per the forum.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:54 am

What flights are you looking at?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:01 am
Original Poster

leaving Malaga March 20 or 21 or 22 or 23 and flying to Toronto (Kingston really). Flight is usually Malaga to Frankfurt or Heathrow of Lisbon & then Bus class to TO
maybe I'll just stay in Spain & enjoy the wine
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:21 am

Have you actually looked at the flight schedules? AGP-LHR is not a *A route, AGP-FRA gets in too late to connect to the TATL flight. Lots of availability on AGP-LIS, which is a Y only flight.

This isn't a lack of availability necessarily, it's the schedules of the AGP flights that get into the European hubs too late for a same day connection.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Not sure what *A route is....
For the last 5 years, I've left Malaga at 6:00 or 7:00 am & flown bus class to either FRA; LHR or LIS - waited a couple of hours & then the TATL flight to YYZ & even home to Kingston the same day. Makes for a long day but that's why I fly bus class to get some sleep
What other sites are there were I can check flights from AGP to Europeon cities??

Many thanks for your help
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by dabflyersp
Not sure what *A route is....
For the last 5 years, I've left Malaga at 6:00 or 7:00 am & flown bus class to either FRA; LHR or LIS - waited a couple of hours & then the TATL flight to YYZ & even home to Kingston the same day. Makes for a long day but that's why I fly bus class to get some sleep
What other sites are there were I can check flights from AGP to Europeon cities??

Many thanks for your help
*A = Star Alliance. What airline have you flown from AGP to LHR? There is no Star Alliance partner that flies this route. Google Flights is where you can look for schedules.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Just looking at last year's return
AGP on TP1131 6:50 am to Lisbon
LIS to LHR leaving 9:50
AC849 leave LHR at 15:00
arrive YYZ at 18:45
leave YYZ at 20:55
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
*A = Star Alliance. What airline have you flown from AGP to LHR? There is no Star Alliance partner that flies this route. Google Flights is where you can look for schedules.
AFAIK, LH and TP serve(s)d AGP for *A, but perhaps that route is seasonal or discontinued recently?

As for LHR, the only thing I can see is BA but that's not *A of course.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:56 am

Searching individually on Aeroplan, those flights are all available on March 20th. Didn't look at other days.

You'll need to call to book.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I have booked the same itinerary as a paid fare. This is generally the best routing from AGP to YYZ.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Flights are now (as of Sept 25th PM) showing on AP's site.
I agree - best routing from AGP to YYZ

Thanks for the assistance
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:58 am
Original Poster

UPDATE
The TAP flight from AGP to LIS shows as available (for several days) but when you try to book it it is not available. Talked with AP & they said that the computers are not talking to each other [TAP and AP]
Given that AP is about to be finished, I'm not holding my breath on this being fixed.................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.