Wiki Posts
Search

Questions regarding Delta's 737 fleet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Questions regarding Delta's 737 fleet

i've been looking at Delta's 737 fleet and can't put together a mental picture of what's what.

i'll be flying a 738 in a few weeks and i chose a seat in row 10. i've read quite a few disparaging comments about row 10 but i put high value on being as far forward in an aircraft as possible. (yes, row 1 would be ideal but not this time.)

- is the bulkhead on the 738 solid to the floor or is it the small hanging panel only?

- if it's just the small panel, can i place a bag under the seat (last row of F) in front of me?

- how does the AVOD work if there are only two seats forward of three pax? (assuming that the 738 has AVOD)

i've read the wiki and watched a few videos and searched for pics but i can't come to a definite conclusion. i'm left wondering about the differences between that various designations, e.g. 738, 739. 73H, 73A. and so on. I don't know if an aircraft changes designations when it undergoes upgrades/modifications or do aircraft simply exist in two states; old config and new config.

any and all clarifications would be appreciated.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
The Delta 737-800 fleet has all completed modifications. There is no longer a bulkhead wall behind first class. You can place small bags under the first class seats. The TV screens are probably the kind that swing up from under the seat. And the tray table is in the armrest so the seat in row 10 is narrower.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blitzcon
The Delta 737-800 fleet has all completed modifications. There is no longer a bulkhead wall behind first class. You can place small bags under the first class seats. The TV screens are probably the kind that swing up from under the seat. And the tray table is in the armrest so the seat in row 10 is narrower.
thanks very much for the concise answer.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Row 10 also has a lot of legroom.
cmx likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Row 10 also has a lot of legroom.
more than even in FC it seems to me too
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by blitzcon
The 738s do indeed have the swing up TVs. The A320s, though generally the same configurations, actually have the A, C, D and F seats use F-size monitors in the back of 4ABCD. The middle seat, B and E, have swing up monitors. I know this isn't what you asked, but maybe for the next person who comes across this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:38 pm

As long as you don't mind a slightly narrower seat due to traytable/avod in armrest, row 10 is a really good choice as it has more legroom than F. Downside of the seats on the 738 is they do not have a winged headrest, which makes sleeping more difficult for me if its a redeye. Overall a much better overall than 739.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.