Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New Electronic System Issues Hotel, Meal and Transportation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

According to View from the Wing, American Airlines is in the process of rolling out a new “Hotel, Meal & Transportation (HMT) system” that will replace vouchers for hotels and meals during irregular operations with “a virtual credit card for hotels and meals.”

Has anyone on here experienced this yet?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: CK or bust
Loved the note about agents not being able to accidentally ‘over-issue’ vouchers.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Interesting! Gary Leff breaks more useful news once again.

This system launched a week ago and around 30 cities per week will begin using it through November with international American Airlines stations beginning to use it next year. This replaces the old voucher system, which will become unavailable once an airport brings on the new system.
While there’s a new system for handling vouchers, the policy for what customers should be given doesn’t change and the likelihood of getting a meal voucher doesn’t increase. American rolls out carts of snacks to gates on long delays instead of giving customers money to spend inside the terminal.
and
Attached Images  
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is a win-win and appears to be somewhat like DL's which can issue vouchers from a kiosk.

In IRROPS there are rarely sufficient agents handy to deal with the issue and it gets even worse when there is widespread IRROPS. Handling the vouchers and offering the electronic alternative hopefully means that things will move faster and that in due course, this can all be expanded so that this can be handled by a kiosk as well as electronically by a call center.

Fair enough that AA is standardizing who gets what. It is probably the passenger who could really use the extra meal voucher who is least likely to speak up.

If programmed correctly, this also gets out from under the "am I entitled" argument.
TSparky, enpremiere, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Often1
It is a win-win and appears to be somewhat like DL's which can issue vouchers from a kiosk.

In IRROPS there are rarely sufficient agents handy to deal with the issue and it gets even worse when there is widespread IRROPS. Handling the vouchers and offering the electronic alternative hopefully means that things will move faster and that in due course, this can all be expanded so that this can be handled by a kiosk as well as electronically by a call center.

Fair enough that AA is standardizing who gets what. It is probably the passenger who could really use the extra meal voucher who is least likely to speak up.

If programmed correctly, this also gets out from under the "am I entitled" argument.
Being able to get it via a kiosk, call center, or even better the App would make a world of difference to me. Waiting over an hour at the CS line cuts into my sleeping time when I get stuck at DFW overnight.
wrp96, JDiver, geezersrule and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by TSparky
Being able to get it via a kiosk, call center, or even better the App would make a world of difference to me. Waiting over an hour at the CS line cuts into my sleeping time when I get stuck at DFW overnight.

Agreed. Via app would be excellent. When a flight gets cancelled, that could trigger a flag in “the system” which would allow grabbing details and payment code from the app. Save a lot of time on everyone’s part.
JDiver likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I am actually impressed with DL's IRROPS kiosks and phones. AA has nothing but long lines at shoebox-sized customer service counters. Having been in PHX last Sunday when the idiot abandoned his rental car at the departure ramp, AA's lines were ridiculous with hundreds of people standing in line at the "customer service" counters near the gates, which hold 4 or 5 agents. You would think that they would use MODERN technology from the 20th century (god forbid they ever transition to 21st century technology).
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by formeraa
I am actually impressed with DL's IRROPS kiosks and phones. AA has nothing but long lines at shoebox-sized customer service counters. Having been in PHX last Sunday when the idiot abandoned his rental car at the departure ramp, AA's lines were ridiculous with hundreds of people standing in line at the "customer service" counters near the gates, which hold 4 or 5 agents. You would think that they would use MODERN technology from the 20th century (god forbid they ever transition to 21st century technology).
Did you read the rest of this thread, including the report of the new service?
Science Goy likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by TSparky
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Agreed. Via app would be excellent. When a flight gets cancelled, that could trigger a flag in “the system” which would allow grabbing details and payment code from the app. Save a lot of time on everyone’s part.
Great idea. This should be quite feasible. They’ve already tweaked software to enable reaccommodation, so the kernel is there to expand to hotel accommodation, meals and transport.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:47 am
Suspended

AI. Not Air India, but artificial intelligence.

No reason in this day and age that by the time one steps off the aircraft, there should not be an email or text with rebooking, hotel, and meal vouchers as well as directions to the hotel.

If the rebooking is not what you want, then you can find an agent or hop on the phone. But, for most, the process of simply heading for a shuttle bus to an airport hotel trumps standing in line arguing about whether it's the Marriott or Hyatt.
JDiver and chrisny2 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.