Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:18 am
Company Representative, Marriott Rewards
Original Poster

Exclamation Combine Accounts Update

Members,

This weekend, we began the process of updating our systems to launch our new loyalty program.

At this time, we are excited to share that we have brought together all of our channels and members can now book all 6,700 hotels on Marriott.com, SPG.com and corresponding apps.

Later today, we are planning to rollout Combine Accounts functionality in batches to members to ensure site stability and a seamless user experience. When you log in to your account and see the prompt, you can then manually combine your accounts to view joint activity and one point balance. Accounts can only be combined by you, the member. Even if you linked your Rewards and SPG accounts prior to this change, you still need to take the action to combine your accounts once it is available to you.

To combine your accounts, all you need is your login info for both accounts. Combine and keep your Rewards number here. Prefer to keep your new SPG number? Combine here.

We are also aware of and are currently working to solve a few known issues impacting some members, particularly issues around status not displaying correctly.

As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.

8/20 Update

We are excited to announce that Combine Accounts functionality is now rolling out in batches to members through tomorrow. As a result, when members log in and see the prompt, they will now have the opportunity to combine their accounts.

Best regards,

Marriott Rewards Insider
cynstalker likes this.

Last edited by Marriott Rewards Insider; Aug 20, 2018 at 12:00 pm Reason: update
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
To combine your accounts, all you need is your login info for both accounts. Combine and keep your Rewards number here. Prefer to keep your new SPG number? Combine here.

Marriott Rewards Insider
It is unclear to me after looking, where in the profiles you can see if accounts are combined or to combine them. I have tried every page. Can you tell us please.
small ring likes this.

Last edited by hnewman; Aug 20, 2018 at 9:58 am
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:04 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hnewman
It is unclear to me after looking, where in the profiles you can see if accounts are combined or to combine them. I have tried every page. Can you tell us please.
You won't see it yet. Per the preceding post, the functionality to combine accounts will start to roll out later today and will be done in batches.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Screen shot screen shot screen shot before you do any combining
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We are also aware of and are currently working to solve a few known issues impacting some members, particularly issues around status not displaying correctly.
Thank you for the update.

Can you confirm that those of us who successfully status challenged to Marriott Platinum last year will be moved to Platinum Premier?

Right now, we're just showing as "Platinum," and none too happy about that, since it's effectively the same level as old Marriott Gold, which we held before meeting the challenge criteria.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by skj
You won't see it yet. Per the preceding post, the functionality to combine accounts will start to roll out later today and will be done in batches.
Thanks. sorry I missed that.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Thank you for the update.

Can you confirm that those of us who successfully status challenged to Marriott Platinum last year will be moved to Platinum Premier?

Right now, we're just showing as "Platinum," and none too happy about that, since it's effectively the same level as old Marriott Gold, which we held before meeting the challenge criteria.
I have only seen "drive by posts" by Marriott Concierge, so don't expect a reply. Follow the appropriate thread to see what others are experiencing.
wsommerv and jrm68 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I have only seen "drive by posts" by Marriott Concierge, so don't expect a reply. Follow the appropriate thread to see what others are experiencing.
I didn't ask for your commentary.

I assume Marriott Rewards Insider is following this thread, and many of us would appreciate clarification before taking the time to contact Marriott directly. That would also save Marriott customer service reps the time of having to field unnecessary phone calls.
CPRich, SP03, clarkef and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Members,

This weekend, we began the process of updating our systems to launch our new loyalty program.

At this time, we are excited to share that we have brought together all of our channels and members can now book all 6,700 hotels on Marriott.com, SPG.com and corresponding apps.

Later today, we are planning to rollout Combine Accounts functionality in batches to members to ensure site stability and a seamless user experience. When you log in to your account and see the prompt, you can then manually combine your accounts to view joint activity and one point balance. Accounts can only be combined by you, the member. Even if you linked your Rewards and SPG accounts prior to this change, you still need to take the action to combine your accounts once it is available to you.

As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.

Best regards,

Marriott Rewards Insider
I need some help please. I booked two rooms using points (one from my legacy SPG account and the other from the legacy Marriott account). The room from the legacy Marriott account booked instantly; the room from the legacy SPG account did not book; however, the points were withdrawn. I never received a confirmation number or an email confirming the booking. Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:02 am
Suspended

anyone else in my boat ?my SPG statement closes on 14th (bad timing) and I was supposed to get 50K+ spg points on my last statement. When I log on into the spg website (which redirects to marriott), I was assigned a new marriott number but there is no activity from my credit card statement ending in 14th.

Last edited by nadir576; Aug 20, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by nadir576
anyone else in my boat ?my SPG statement closes on 14th (bad timing) and I was supposed to get 50K+ spg points on my last statement. When I log on into the spg website (which redirects to marriott), I was assigned a new marriott number but there is not activity from my credit card statement ending in 14th.
I wouldn't worry about much, it probably just needs more time. AMEX still sends the points to Marriott using your old SPG number, but Marriott does know which account it is. In their database both your old and new number are pointing to the same person.
nadir576 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I still cannot combine my accounts. I would like to combine from my Marriott account, as I am currently platinum premier elite lifetime.

Any guidance as to when the site will go live?

mine still shows it as grayed out.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by alrvd83
I still cannot combine my accounts. I would like to combine from my Marriott account, as I am currently platinum premier elite lifetime.

Please read the earlier posts in this thread.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hello,

What happens if your status is different in each program and you combine accounts?

Currently Gold in SPG but showing Platinum in Marriott. What would you end up with if you combined your accounts?

Thanks for any replies
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by alrvd83

Originally Posted by Horace
Please read the earlier posts in this thread.
alrvd83 - the combine accounts feature will be done in batches starting later today.

Horace - consider it would've been more helpful and taken you just as long to answer the question posed. Maybe a few more words... but surely more helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.