Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does World Traveller seats of BA198 (777-200) have usb ports at every seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Hey, I wanted to know if the World Traveller seats in BA198 (BOM-LHR) (777-200) have usb ports? Is it one of the refurbished 772, or does it still have the old design.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I think the refurbished 777 are all LGW based so probably an older version.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ceej123
I think the refurbished 777 are all LGW based so probably an older version.
Not true. There are a number of refurbished B772s at LHR that have been updated and do have at seat power. BA198, from what I can see from the flight history should be a refurbished aircraft.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
Not true. There are a number of refurbished B772s at LHR that have been updated and do have at seat power. BA198, from what I can see from the flight history should be a refurbished aircraft.
​​​​​I really hope so!
​​​​​​The old design is so outdated
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
I wouldn’t bank on it though. Take your own power packs if needed.
shefgab likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Looking at the route ops over the past week, the 198 was operated by 777s fitted with the 2010 generation seats. These are equipped with two USB sockets.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
I just got off it, not that it is any guide to any other day but was pleasantly surprised to find well functioning WiFi on G-VIIL. The outbound was on G-VIIN and that was good too.

Full F cabin, I took the AUP because for a day flight it is good value (INR30k ish). It’s always a bit melancholic to leave India and it’s the last chance to have some Indian food. Top notch crew.

One more heave and I’ll be in JFK. It’s a long day.

Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by mentalistreturns
Hey, I wanted to know if the World Traveller seats in BA198 (BOM-LHR) (777-200) have usb ports? Is it one of the refurbished 772, or does it still have the old design.
When are you travelling?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk mentalistreturns, it's great to see you here and a particular welcome from all of us in the BA forum.

One of the items that never roams far from the CWS bag is a 20,000 mAh charger, which can charge my phone 4 or 5 times over. It's very thin, slightly smaller than my phone, which is important since some airports have restrictions on larger chargers. Very much recommended, since no matter what the aircraft or airline there is always a risk that someone has damaged the USB socket.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boeing77W

When are you travelling?
8th September
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk mentalistreturns, it's great to see you here and a particular welcome from all of us in the BA forum.

One of the items that never roams far from the CWS bag is a 20,000 mAh charger, which can charge my phone 4 or 5 times over. It's very thin, slightly smaller than my phone, which is important since some airports have restrictions on larger chargers. Very much recommended, since no matter what the aircraft or airline there is always a risk that someone has damaged the USB socket.
Hey, thanks for the lovely welcome. Hope to see you around here!

I am going to be carrying my power bank with me, but was wondering if the 772 is the refurbished one or not
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by mentalistreturns
8th September
It’s too far out to check which aircraft is planned to operate the service. However 3-4 days before then I or another staffer can let you know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.