Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Bliss Spa Closing (Confirmed) Bliss Amenities Gone from W (unconfirmed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC

My wife and I are long time Bliss Spa visitors, and are regulars at Bliss Scottsdale. The management team who we have come to know shared with us a little over a week ago that all Bliss locations will be closing within the next couple months with Bliss Scottsdale closing on August 31st. The W is taking over the space and converting it to an Away Spa. They finally sent all customers a mass email so I felt I could now post about this. It was made clear that Bliss as a brand isn't going away but they are exiting the retail spa business. I was also told that part of the reason for the closure was that W Hotels have opted to not renew their contract with Bliss as the provider of toiletries in W Hotels. I'm hopeful one of the lurkers can confirm when Bliss amenities will be removed from W Hotels as I'm sure many people like me enjoy the products.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The Bliss toiletries and their distinctive smell were a cornerstone of the W brand. I think it’s super important that the replacement is a good one: learning from Le Meridien rather than Marriott Courtyard please.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Stayed at W Sentosa earlier this year, I believe their in house spa already called AWAY spa at that time.

And about Bliss toiletries, agreed!! They have distinct but pleasant smell. Better than Remede branded one that apparently most StR and LuxCol used (The Athenee Bangkok use Thann branded one)
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
W has been moving away from the Bliss spa for quite some time now to the Away Spa concept, I am pretty sure Starwood sold the 'Bliss' company years ago! It will be a shame to see the W move away from their products as generally they are something very much linked to W Hotels and I do worry it will be a cheap tie up rather than something up market which I feel would be a huge mistake so I am keeping my fingers croess the people in charge of W get the concept still!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:07 am

Interesting that Bliss just started selling at Target a couple of months ago.

Albeit small, they really have been such a iconic part of the W and aloft brands. I always associated the two, similar to DoubleTree and their cookies.
btonkid12345 and emikelaw like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Theyou better have a good replacement for the fabulous foaming face wash. Literally no other chain I know of leaves face wash - let alone a nice brand

Given Marriott is pushing W and thinks it can command even higher rates, the replacement better be impressive. Totally agree that LeMeridien's change was a positive step; W's should be even better than that
lotrbfme and bgriff like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ne52
Interesting that Bliss just started selling at Target a couple of months ago.

Albeit small, they really have been such a iconic part of the W and aloft brands. I always associated the two, similar to DoubleTree and their cookies.
It's funny that you mention that, as I was told that was part of the decision to end the relationship. Because the Bliss products are now sold in Target and that the Target brand association wasnt something W wanted as Target was too down market. If this is actually the case I think whoever made that decision would be shocked at the percentage of W guest who shop at Target on a regular basis.
emikelaw likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Although I'm a big W fan, especially W HKG, I always cringed when I used that Lemon Sage body wash and Shampoo. I guess I just am not a sage scent kinda guy! Will indeed be very interesting to see if Away is in place at the end of the month in HKG.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Looks like I'll be shopping at Target. My gf loves the W products (I like them but don't love them), so whenever I stay at a W I stock up and use up my Malin+Goetz.

I wish there were a way to get my room customized to my liking, rather than housekeeping being identical throughout the hotel. As a P100+ I'd love to have M+G, some form of sparkling water, and no sugary/carby food in the room on arrival, independent of whether I'm staying at a Westin, Le Meridien, W, or StR. Then I could pick hotels based on location/other features, without really caring as much about the $10/room/day in consumables they provide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.