Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World traveler plus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:42 am
Original Poster

World traveler plus

we are flying wt+ to Mauritius in November on a 777-200, it’s currently showing the old seat plan on manage my booking, is their any possibility this will be updated to the refurd plane before we fly as I hear the old planes are not very good
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Richie26
we are flying wt+ to Mauritius in November on a 777-200, it’s currently showing the old seat plan on manage my booking, is their any possibility this will be updated to the refurd plane before we fly as I hear the old planes are not very good
The fact it is from LGW gives you a chance. Currently 4 out of 10 at LGW have the new layout and a 5th may do by then so you have a good chance if a plane goes tech I guess but wouldn't bank on it. I don't think there is too much difference in WT+ though. The extra seat across is in WT.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:16 am

MRU is operated by the RR powered 777s with crew rest and haven't started to go through the refurb process yet. Expect old IFE, I'm afraid!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No chance I’m afraid.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Richie26, and welcome to the BA forum. It's good to see you here and I hope you have a great time in Mauritius.

As I understand it, four of LGW's aircraft have been refurbished (OI, IP, IR, IX), with another two going in September / October (IT, IU), out of a total 777 fleet of 18 at LGW. At this stage it's very difficult to predict the chance of a change, not least because the LGW fleet is run very hard, and it is not at all unusual for the schedulers to switch aircraft a couple of hours before departure, if another aircraft is late for example. At the moment you best assume you are in the older aircraft, the reason being that they run the Y-MMx fleet to MRU and they are down to be refurbished next year.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ly-2018-a.html

[First FT Pictures] G-VIIX refurbishment [LGW B772, including 3-4-3 seating in WT]
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you and fingers crossed
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:53 pm

I forgot it was a G-YMMx route. MRU is on the longer end of the flights and uses the RR powered (YMMx) planes that have a crew rest. The first (and currently only) retrofitted ones as others have mentioned are the (VIIx) GE powered with no crew rest. On flights at 11:30hrs there is a almost 0 chance of a non crew rest aircraft as many seats for pilots and cabin crew would need to be blocked and this is one of the longest flights on the 777 from LGW so very very unlikely and another shorter route would get the swap first if necessary.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:58 pm

TBH, you won't see a great deal of difference in the seat between refurbished and unrefurbished. It is mainly the IFE that is out of date. Be sure to load up your iPads!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.